Gene transcriptions/Elements/Downstream TFIIB recognitions
The downstream B recognition element designated as the BREd, or dBRE, is an additional core promoter element that occurs downstream of the TATA box and is recognized by general transcription factor II B.
Consensus sequences[edit | edit source]
A consensus sequence is 5'-A/G-T-A/G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-3' or in the transcription direction on the template strand 3'-A/G-T-A/G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-5'.
Eukaryote genes[edit | edit source]
Of 140 promoters from the eukaryotic promoter database, "[S]ix percent ... [contain] at least six out of seven bases of the consensus sequence, 18% contain at least five of seven bases and 37% contain at least four of seven".
Human genes[edit | edit source]
General transcription factor II Bs[edit | edit source]
A TFIIB recognition element (BRE) functions to determine the orientation of the TFIIB-TBP-TATA complex that projects the zinc ribbon of TFIIB toward the TSS.
General transcription factor II B can recognize two distinct sequence elements that flank the TATA box. "The selected sequences contain a strong representation of [ guanine (G) and thymine (T)] bases and a striking preference against [ adenine (A)] (especially between bases -17 and -20)."
Transcription start sites[edit | edit source]
Hypotheses[edit | edit source]
- The dBRE is not involved in the transcription of A1BG.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wensheng Deng, Stefan G.E. Roberts (October 15, 2005). "A core promoter element downstream of the TATA box that is recognized by TFIIB". Genes & Development 19 (20): 2418–23. doi:10.1101/gad.342405. PMID 16230532. http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/19/20/2418.full.
- HGNC (February 10, 2013). "H2AFY H2A histone family, member Y [ Homo sapiens ]". Bethesda, MD, USA: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- Tsai FTP, Sigler PB (2000). "Structural basis of preinitiation complex assembly on human Pol II promoters". EMBO J. 19: 25–36.
- "Polymerase II".
- "RNA polymerase II holoenzyme, In: Wikipedia". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. January 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- Wensheng Deng, Stefan G.E. Roberts (October 15, 2005). "A core promoter element downstream of the TATA box that is recognized by TFIIB". Genes & Development 19 (20): 2418–23. doi:10.1101/gad.342405. PMID 16230532. http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/19/20/2418.full.pdf+html.
[edit | edit source]
- African Journals Online
- Bing Advanced search
- GenomeNet KEGG database
- Google Books
- Google scholar Advanced Scholar Search
- Home - Gene - NCBI
- Lycos search
- NCBI All Databases Search
- NCBI Site Search
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information
- PubChem Public Chemical Database
- Questia - The Online Library of Books and Journals
- SAGE journals online
- Scirus for scientific information only advanced search
- Taylor & Francis Online
- WikiDoc The Living Textbook of Medicine
- Wiley Online Library Advanced Search
- Yahoo Advanced Web Search