Gene transcriptions/Elements/Downstream TFIIB recognitions
The downstream B recognition element designated as the BREd, or dBRE, is an additional core promoter element that occurs downstream of the TATA box and is recognized by general transcription factor II B.
A consensus sequence is 5'-A/G-T-A/G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-3' or in the transcription direction on the template strand 3'-A/G-T-A/G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-G/T-5'.
Of 140 promoters from the eukaryotic promoter database, "[S]ix percent ... [contain] at least six out of seven bases of the consensus sequence, 18% contain at least five of seven bases and 37% contain at least four of seven".
General transcription factor II Bs
A TFIIB recognition element (BRE) functions to determine the orientation of the TFIIB-TBP-TATA complex that projects the zinc ribbon of TFIIB toward the TSS.
General transcription factor II B can recognize two distinct sequence elements that flank the TATA box. "The selected sequences contain a strong representation of [ guanine (G) and thymine (T)] bases and a striking preference against [ adenine (A)] (especially between bases -17 and -20)."
Transcription start sites
- The dBRE is not involved in the transcription of A1BG.
- Wensheng Deng, Stefan G.E. Roberts (October 15, 2005). "A core promoter element downstream of the TATA box that is recognized by TFIIB". Genes & Development 19 (20): 2418–23. doi:10.1101/gad.342405. PMID 16230532. http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/19/20/2418.full.
- HGNC (February 10, 2013). "H2AFY H2A histone family, member Y [ Homo sapiens ]". 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD, 20894 USA: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2013-02-11.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Tsai FTP, Sigler PB (2000). "Structural basis of preinitiation complex assembly on human Pol II promoters". EMBO J. 19: 25–36.
- "Polymerase II".
- "RNA polymerase II holoenzyme, In: Wikipedia". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. January 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- Wensheng Deng, Stefan G.E. Roberts (October 15, 2005). "A core promoter element downstream of the TATA box that is recognized by TFIIB". Genes & Development 19 (20): 2418–23. doi:10.1101/gad.342405. PMID 16230532. http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/19/20/2418.full.pdf+html.
- African Journals Online
- Bing Advanced search
- GenomeNet KEGG database
- Google Books
- Google scholar Advanced Scholar Search
- Home - Gene - NCBI
- Lycos search
- NCBI All Databases Search
- NCBI Site Search
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information
- PubChem Public Chemical Database
- Questia - The Online Library of Books and Journals
- SAGE journals online
- Scirus for scientific information only advanced search
- Taylor & Francis Online
- WikiDoc The Living Textbook of Medicine
- Wiley Online Library Advanced Search
- Yahoo Advanced Web Search