Note: Material from Wikibooks was imported to Portal:Plant Sciences. Please coordinate that page with this page.
Plant Sciences covers a wide range of scientific disciplines that study the structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, ecology, and evolution of plants. The School of Plant Sciences works closely with the Wikiversity School of Agriculture.
Active participants[edit | edit source]
Are you knowledgable in this topic? Would you like to create instruction material and help out with people studying this topic? Sign up to become an advisor — all it takes is adding your username to this list!
- Charley Quinton | talk: I am bioneer working on urban planning initiatives geared toward sustainability and ecoscience. I am particularly interested in urban agriculture, aquaculture, plant and soil science, biophysics, urban microtransport systems – thus a new eco-logistical model for developing and re-develping both urban and rural economies.
- Since 25 October 2013 with contributions to Botany --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:43, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
Inactive participants[edit | edit source]
- alettaka | talk: I have studied plant breeding and molecular plant virology, and am willing to help.
- sonicbiology | talk: I am interested in plantlore, especially the medicinal uses of plants. My knowledge base includes a few medicinal plants of Guatemala and the US, a few food plants of the US, and a little botany, as well as a summer of experience on a natural farm.
- -User:Wikicollege creator DS07 this is really Pika64eBay! This is just a pseudenoym!
- User:Pika64eBay Hey yo! I'm back! I am intrested very much canrivorous plants (examples: Venus's Fly Trap, Sundew)
- Trinity507 - my field of interest/some knowledge is ethnobotany, but I'd like to learn more about plants in general. I also do a lot of "practical horticulture", a.k.a. gardening. :-) I founded the ethnobotany department in the School of Ethnology. It's an interdisciplinary subject so I'll link a lot of the resources here.
School news[edit | edit source]
- 17 August 2006 - School founded!
- 20 September 2006 - Ethnobotany resource started!
- 6 October 2006 - Plantlore lecture started!
- 21 December 2006 - Plant identification quiz-making resource started!
- 28 February 2007 - Botany lecture started!
- 11 April 2007 - Aquaculture resource started!
- 12 May 2007 - Forestry resource started!
- 3 April 2008 - Horticulture learning project started!
- 31 October 2008 - Plant tissue culture resource started!
- 13 January 2009 - Plant fossil structure and preservation resource started!
- 13 July 2010 - Plant microtechnique resource started!
- 17 October 2011 - Plant propagation lecture started!
- 18 November 2011 - Plant growth promoting bacteria lecture started!
- 3 October 2012 - Hydroculture lecture started!
- 28 October 2012 - Palynology lecture started!
- 21 April 2013 - Phosphate biochemistry lecture started!
- 22 November 2013 - Agriculture lecture started!
- 20 June 2015 - Rainwater harvesting resource started!
- 17 December 2015 - Agronomy lecture started!
- 19 September 2016 - Plant movements lecture started!
- 12 December 2016 - Plant Nutrition learning project started!
Divisions and Departments[edit | edit source]
Divisions and Departments of the School exist on pages in "portal" namespace. Start the name of departments with the "Portal:" prefix; departments reside in the Portal: namespace. Departments and divisions link to learning materials and learning projects. Divisions can link subdivisions or to departments. For more information on schools, divisions and departments look at the Naming Conventions.
Be bold! Start writing resources! Make a link to the name of the resource (resources are independent pages) and start writing! Be sure to include a link too!
Research projects[edit | edit source]
- Wikiversity's oldest (first) research project: the Bloom Clock
- A new project looking for participants: the Ethnobotanical research project
Resources[edit | edit source]
Know any good resources for scholars of this topic? Add them here!
Things you can do![edit | edit source]
- Clean up Draft:Agriculture and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Biology and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Eukaryotes and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Genetics and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Heredity and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
[edit | edit source]
- Virtual Paleobotany Lab at UCMP by Nan Crystal Arens. A thorough online course with text and images.