- 2 February: Please share your first impressions of Wikiversity to help us gain a better perspective about how we can improve our learning resource. Join the discussion at Initial experiences.
- 30 January: There is a move to decide a proposal to close the Betawikiversity: multilingual hub and move the content to Incubator:. Please see meta:Proposals for closing projects/Move Beta Wikiversity to Incubator#Move for closure
- 29 January: Mikael Häggström is now a Curator.
- 15 January: The Wikimedia Year of Science begins. Please share your ideas of how we can improve science teaching and learning at Wikiversity:Year of Science 2016.
- 4 January: The first day of classes for the spring semester of principles of radiation astronomy.
- 1 January: There is a continuing discussion about the Wikiversity:Bots policy at Wikiversity_talk:Bots#Update.
- December: English 101 students at UW-Stout created the Menomonie, Wisconsin History learning project.
- November: The Cisco Networking/CCENT course is complete and ready for learners.
- April: The IT Fundamentals course is complete and ready for learners.
- March: English 105 students at UNC created the North Carolina World War I Life Histories learning project.