Should this page be full protected? Obviously all the custodians should have it watchlisted, but no one other than a custodian has ever edited it. Salmon of Doubt 11:44, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- The idea of the complex protection system on the various main page templates was to leave this particular page semi-protected only so that ordinary users can add news items. This page should only be fully protected if it becomes a repeated target for vandalism, which is not yet the case. --McCormack 12:07, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Possible use of dynamicpagelist
- Exploring Worldviews
- Games of gain-ground
- Evaluating Evidence
- Facing Facts
- Knowing How You Know
- Python Programming
--Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:19, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
So, if I follow current custom, Main Page/News would appear something like:
- 15 October: The new courses IT Fundamentals and Assessing Human Rights are completed and ready for students and professionals
- 15 October: The new book chapter Emotional hijacking is ready for use by psychologists and their students
- 12 October: The Python Programming lessons Modules and Classes are completed and ready for students
- 15 August: Wikiversity celebrates its 10-year anniversary!
- 15 August: The fall semester begins for the course principles of radiation astronomy.
- 8 August: The open course in conversational American English for EFL/ESL/ELL/ESOL students starts.
- 31 July: For The Wikimedia Year of Science, try using the May 9, 2016 w:Transit of Mercury to improve the location of the Sun. --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:22, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
- I'm confused. You wrote that "It would be great to have five to six things to put in the news each week instead of five to six for three to four months!" Are you also wanting to maintain this manually rather than using DynamicPageList to do the updates automatically? If you are working manually, there is no reason to list IT Fundamentals again, as it is only on the DynamicPageList due to vandalism. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 23:40, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
- Originally I was intending to try to maintain this subpage manually. Your use of dynamicpagelist suggests that at least this part could be automated. But there appears to be no easy way to include what the resources are, their approximate dates of completion and intended targets. I also wanted to include those News items that are not in that specific category. Combining the two in an automated way would really be great! --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 02:11, 17 October 2016 (UTC)