IT Fundamentals includes computer hardware, computer software, networking, security, and basic IT literacy.
This course comprises 15 lessons covering IT fundamentals. Each lesson includes a combination of Wikipedia readings, YouTube videos, and hands-on learning activities. The course also assists learners in preparing for CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification.
This entire Wikiversity course can be downloaded in book form by selecting Download Learning Guide in the sidebar. The corresponding Wikipedia reading collection can be downloaded in book form by selecting Download Reading Guide.
This is a college-level introductory computer support course. Learners should already be familiar with introductory computer concepts.
- Operating Systems
- Installation and Configuration
- File Systems
- File Management
- Commands and Scripting
- Mobile Devices
- Carswell, R., et al. (2012). Guide to Parallel Operating Systems with Windows 7 and Linux, 2nd Edition. Cengage. ISBN 9781111543709
- CompTIA. (2014). IT Fundamentals Exam Objectives
- Docter, Q. (2015). CompTIA IT Fundamentals Study Guide: Exam FC0-U51. Sybex. ISBN 9781119096481
- Smith, A. and Wempen, F. (2011). CompTIA Strata Study Guide. Wiley. ISBN 9780470977422