Welcome to the School of Marine Sciences here at Wikiversity! This school is part of Wikiversity's Interdisciplinary Studies portal, a categorization that reflects the broad range of topics studied within the school. This School is for those who are interested in any and every aspect of the ocean. Marine scientists may study the physics of fluid dynamics, the ecology of marine organisms, naval engineering or a variety of other subjects. The School of Marine Sciences encompasses both pure and applied science, and includes the departments of Marine Biology, Marine Chemistry, Marine Physics and Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture.
The ocean is a rich, interconnected tapestry. As a result, we believe that a deep understanding of any subfield comes from a broad knowledge base. For example, a naval engineer might need to learn marine biology, in order to recognize the environmental impact of ships on the ocean's flora and fauna. We are committed to studying all aspects of the sea and the interrelationships between them, and we reject a reductionist approach.
Please re-sign (with a date stamp) your username here at least once each year. If your datestamp here is older than one year, you may be listed under inactive particpants.
- User:Jimbobalina2005 (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- User:Sajo (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- User:D_Richins_Nukka (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- -gustable (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- User:Chocoman (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- AFriedman (listed here at least on or before September 30, 2017)
- 1 September, 2006 - school founded!
Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple departments. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
- Introduction to the naval engineering
- Introduction to sea ice
- Comparative Neuroscience - largely about marine animals
Relevant Wikipedia articles
- Marine science
- Marine biology
- Marine geology
- Chemical oceanography
- Physical oceanography
- Fish diseases
- The oceans' contribution to the Earth System (Gaia)
- Aquaculture - Economic, Political, Social and Scientific Perspectives
- Developing an integrated study program for the marine sciences