Boxes[edit | edit source]
A repeating sequence of nucleotides that forms a transcription or a regulatory signal is a box.
Consensus sequences[edit | edit source]
"Deletion analysis by a series of 5′-deletion constructs identified the responsive region to RUNX-2 as being between −81 bp and −76 bp, containing a putative RUNX-2 binding sequence (TGAGGG), which is similar to that identified in the promoter region of human interleukin-3 (TGTGGG) (33)." This suggests a consensus sequence of 3'-TG(A/T)GGG-5' on the template strand in the direction of transcription.
RUNX2[edit | edit source]
The gene RUNX2 "is a member of the RUNX family of transcription factors and encodes a nuclear protein with an Runt DNA-binding domain. This protein is essential for osteoblastic differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis and acts as a scaffold for nucleic acids and regulatory factors involved in skeletal gene expression. The protein can bind DNA both as a monomer or, with more affinity, as a subunit of a heterodimeric complex."
COL10A1[edit | edit source]
The gene COL10A1 "encodes the alpha chain of type X collagen, a short chain collagen expressed by hypertrophic chondrocytes during endochondral ossification. Unlike type VIII collagen, the other short chain collagen, type X collagen is a homotrimer."
Human COL10A1, GeneID: 1300, has an HY box as the core responsive element.
Hypotheses[edit | edit source]
- A1BG is not transcribed by an HY box.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Akiro Higashikawa, Taku Saito, Toshiyuki Ikeda, Satoru Kamekura, Naohiro Kawamura, Akinori Kan, Yasushi Oshima, Shinsuke Ohba, Naoshi Ogata, Katsushi Takeshita, Kozo Nakamura, Ung-Il Chung, Hiroshi Kawaguchi (January 2009). "Identification of the core element responsive to runt-related transcription factor 2 in the promoter of human type x collagen gene". Arthritis & Rheumatism 60 (1): 166-78. doi:10.1002/art.24243. PMID 19116917. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/art.24243/full. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "RUNX2 runt-related transcription factor 2 [ Homo sapiens (human) "]. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. June 13, 2013. doi:10.1074/mcp.M113.035600. PMID 24309898. https://www.mcponline.org/content/13/2/397.long. Retrieved 2020-10-09.
- HGNC (June 9, 2013). "COL10A1 collagen, type X, alpha 1 [ Homo sapiens (human) ]". Bethesda, MD, USA: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
[edit | edit source]
- African Journals Online
- Bing Advanced search
- GenomeNet KEGG database
- Google Books
- Google scholar Advanced Scholar Search
- Home - Gene - NCBI
- Lycos search
- NCBI All Databases Search
- NCBI Site Search
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information
- PubChem Public Chemical Database
- Questia - The Online Library of Books and Journals
- SAGE journals online
- Scirus for scientific information only advanced search
- Taylor & Francis Online
- WikiDoc The Living Textbook of Medicine
- Wiley Online Library Advanced Search
- Yahoo Advanced Web Search