Motivation and emotion/Lectures/Personality, motivation and emotion
Lecture X: Personality, motivation and emotion
The 2016 lecture is in development.
The 2015 lecture is currently available.
- Chapter 13: Personality characteristics (Reeve, 2009)
- Lecture slides (Slideshare)
- 2014 handouts:
- Aspects of emotion (Previous lecture)
- Unconscious motivation (Next lecture)
- Individual differences psychology
This video explores the (somewhat surprising) ingredients for happiness according to psychology studies:
- Why are we happy? (Dan Gilbert, 2004, 21:20, TED talk)
01 Intro | 02 Assessment skills | 03 Brain & phys needs | 04 Psych needs & implicit motives | 05 Motivation & goal-setting | 06 Mindsets, control, & the self | 07 Nature of emotion | 08 Aspects of emotion | 09 Individual emotions | 10 Unconscious motivation | 11 Growth psych | 12 Interventions & conclusion