Motivation and emotion/Lectures/Interventions and review
Lecture 12: Interventions and review
This page is complete for 2020.
Overview[edit | edit source]
This lecture discusses interventions and reviews the key points about motivation and emotion discussed in this unit. It revisits key content from earlier lectures and focuses on the underlying question "How can we motivate ourselves and others?"
Three intervention steps are suggested:
- Explain (diagnose - why is this happening?)
- Predict (what are the motivational sources for the person?)
- Intervene (what principles or strategies can be applied?)
Images[edit | edit source]
Pearls of wisdom / Nuggets of truth[edit | edit source]
- What are the greatest insights (pearls of wisdom or nuggets or truth) you've acquired through this unit?
- What has been your most significant learning about motivation and emotion?
- What was the take-home message from the book chapter you worked on?
Contribute your insights to:
- Pearls of wisdom / Nuggets of truth (Wikiversity)
Readings[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 17: Interventions (Reeve, 2018)
Slides[edit | edit source]
- Lecture slides (Interventions) (Google Slides, 2020)
- Lecture slides (Review) (Google Slides, 2020)
- 2020 handouts
See also[edit | edit source]
Recording[edit | edit source]
- Lecture 12 recording (2020)