Motivation and emotion/Lectures/Interventions and review
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lecture 12: Interventions and review
This page is complete for 2021.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- discusses interventions
- summarises and reviews key points about motivation and emotion discussed in this unit
- There is nothing so practical as a good theory
- Motivation guides you towards behaviours to optimise well-being; emotion provides motivational feedback about progress towards goals
Intervention[edit | edit source]
Three intervention steps are suggested:
- Explain (diagnose - why is this happening?)
- Predict (what are the motivational sources for the person?)
- Intervene (what principles or strategies can be applied?)
Pearls of wisdom / Nuggets of truth[edit | edit source]
- What are the greatest insights (pearls of wisdom or nuggets or truth) you've acquired through this unit?
- What has been your most significant learning about motivation and emotion?
- What was the take-home message from the book chapter you worked on?
Contribute your insights to:
- Pearls of wisdom / Nuggets of truth (Wikiversity)
Readings[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 17: Interventions (Reeve, 2018)
Slides[edit | edit source]
- Lecture slides
See also[edit | edit source]
- Growth psychology (Previous lecture)
- Review (Tutorial)
Recording[edit | edit source]
- Lecture 12 recording (2021)