Motivation and emotion/Lectures/Unconscious motivation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lecture 10: Unconscious motivation
The 2017 lecture is complete (there was no live lecture in 2018). The 2019 lecture is in development.
This lecture describes psychodynamic perspectives on unconscious motivation.
- Psychological priming (Bang Goes the Theory, Youtube, ~6 mins): This video shows three experiments which indicate that, when primed by handling money, people eat more chocolate, are less likely to help others, and can tolerate more pain.
- How your unconscious mind rules your behaviour: Leonard Mlodinow at TEDxReset 2013 (18:45 mins; start at 02:45 mins): This video provides several examples of unconscious perception and decision making from a cognitive neuroscience perspective. Unfortunately the camera work and editing is poor.
- Chapter 16: Unconscious motivation (Reeve, 2018)
- Lecture slides (Google Slides)
- 2019 handouts
- Individual emotions (Tutorial)
- Individual emotions (Previous lecture)
- Growth psychology (Next lecture)
- Related Wikipedia articles
- Related book chapters
- Lecture 10 recording (2017)