Wikiversity:Candidates for Custodianship
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests and Nominations for Curatorship
- 3 Requests and Nominations for Probationary Custodianship
- 4 Nominations for Full Custodianship
- 5 Nominations for CheckUser
- 6 Nominations for Bureaucratship
- 7 See also
Please add your request for custodianship (or other staff positions) below. Include a short summary of why you think you should be given the privileges and please refer to your involvement in other Wikimedia projects. If you have sysop/bureaucrat status at a sister project, please indicate so as well.
In a wiki, trust arises from good editing of webpages and "good editing" is what advances the project. If you have a record of good editing then you are likely to be trusted and be granted the tools to protect pages from vandalism and block vandals and delete useless pages. Having those tools really just means you have to do more work -dull and boring work - for the community.
Please place candidate requests or nominations on a subpage and transclude it here.
Requests and Nominations for Curatorship
Thierry613 (talk | email | contribs | 
I'd like to nominate Thierry613 for curatorship. Thierry613 is relatively new to our community, having started editing a year ago, but only becoming very active in the past few weeks. But Thierry613 comes to us as a patroller on the French Wikiversity and with thousands of edits on both French Wikiversity and French Wikipedia. Moreover, Thierry613 has shown tremendous dedication to our own community in working on the Wikiversity:Topic Review and great sensitivity in working with others on what could be contentious edits. As Thierry613 continues on the topic review and works to fight vandalism and support editors, additional tools would help this effort be more effective. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 13:44, 20 March 2016 (UTC)
- Well, Dave has very well summarized my application. I can add that I contributed on the french-speaking wikiversity for a little more than a year, mostly in the music faculty (corresponding in fact to a school). I think I can handle with basic tools, but I know I can count on Dave as mentor concerning the most complex ones. I'm mostly interested to contribute to the two wikiversities (french-speaking and english-speaking) for several reasons :
You already have my support, and how you answer these questions won't change that: The questions pertain how we organize original research and opinion essays. Should Wikiversity continue to encourage such efforts? If so, how is quality control achieved? Do you support the idea of creating username subpages, such as [[Modern Jazz/Thierry613]]?--Guy vandegrift (discuss • contribs) 13:56, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- I have seen and used the space name "Recherche:" (Research:) on the french-speaking Wikiversity, since I am a contributor. This space name is used for scientific research works or personal works on various subjects (philosophy, music, etc.). From my point of view, it is a good thing and deserves to exist.
- There is no quality control or peer-review, strictly speaking. But in case of doubt, the community of active contributors can be requested to take a decision about keeping or refusing the concerned work. There have been some (rare) cases of crazy or wacky contributions which were rapidly deleted. But most of personal works are sane and interesting.
- I think it is a good idea that the community of the english-speaking wikiversity reflects about such works here, with or without a specific space name. The system of username subpages used here is rather different but seems interesting as well. It can be supported by using the "Fringe science" box ; one could use too a "Personal work" box.
- Honestly, I could not say if a system is better than the other. I will support the community's choice. --Thierry613 (discuss • contribs) 22:15, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support - I had started to do this as well and had written "Thierry613 has been helping with processing the some 1086 topics and perhaps additional divisions of schools that are better as resources than divisions or topics. The user has been contributing to en.wikiversity since February 2015, and to fr.wikiversité for over a year. Many recent contributions here have been toward processing these topics." --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 15:45, 20 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support Thierry613 is a very good contributor in fr.wikiversity. Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact (French native speaker) 16:37, 20 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support--Guy vandegrift (discuss • contribs) 20:47, 20 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support - CQ (talk | email | contribs | 23:12, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support - I am glad that you are coming on board. There is a lot of reading and thought going on here. ~~ 21:14 21 March 2016. From RAYLEIGH22 --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:22, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support - Thierry613 has done well for French Wikiversity, so I'm sure this project will benefit from this. Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 05:58, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
- Thanks to everybody for your confidence ! --Thierry613 (discuss • contribs) 10:05, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
Requests and Nominations for Probationary Custodianship
I have recently celebrated a year of editing on Wikiversity, although I have been a Wikipedia editor for several years. During that year I have:
- Worked with the University of Westminster putting SPIR608 Political Simulations and Gaming on WV
- Worked with the University of Westminster and the University of Surrey putting Portal:Simulation and Gaming Archive on WV
- Worked on British Empire course design
- Developed templates so that the List of Custodians sorts by date order
- Promoted WV at the Wikimedia UK Conference:Wiki in the lecture room
- I would also like to see WV develop by working more closely with Wikimedia Outreach on developing Open Educational Resources
- I have also been active on Wikieducator and would like to see a closer relationship with them.
I feel becoming a WV Custodian would help me make further useful contributions to WV.Leutha 08:20, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
Nominations for Full Custodianship
CheckUsers are required to follow Wikimedia Foundation's CheckUser policy, including requirements for gaining access to the checkuser tools.
None at present.
Nominations for Bureaucratship
None at present.
- Custodian Mentorship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archive of nominations for full custodianship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archived - archive of failed nominations
- Candidates for Bureaucratship/Archive of pending nominations
- Custodian requests
- List of custodian mentors
- List of probationary custodians
- Wikiversity:Support staff