A wiki is a type of website that allows users to easily add, remove, or otherwise edit and change the content of the webpages. The openness and ease of editing page content makes a wiki an effective tool for collaborative authoring.
Welcome to the Wiki learning project.
If you are new to wikis, take a look at the introductory tutorial.
This Wikiversity learning project is devoted to learning how to use wiki technology to facilitate online learning. It is amazing. You can edit and learn how to make Wikipedia better. When you edit or make any page you can feel proud that you are one of the members of the best site and you will also feel proud that you are a wiki editor. You will have fun by editing and making your own pages. Wikipedia is one of the stages on which you can show your talent and can give your knowledge to millions of people.
- 19 August 2006 - Project founded!
Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials can be used by multiple departments. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Wikiversity:Introduction — New to Wikiversity? Start here!
- Introduction to Wiki — Introduction to wiki editing and wiki communities which aims to function as a service project for the Wikiversity community and provide learning resources that will aid new Wikiversity editors.
- Wiki 101 — A supplement to the MediaWiki Handbook geared toward Wiki editing at Wikiversity. This lesson goes into detail about Namespaces, Templates, Lists, Tables and other tools for advancing Wikiversity editors.
- Named Colors — An alternative way to add color to pages rather than dealing with Hex, octal, RGB codes and other cryptic forms.
- Learn to learn a wiki way — using wiki technology to support learning.
- Nature of wikis — a cultural introspective of wiki communities and their workspaces.
Works in progress - these texts are currently at b:__Department Name___:
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this project, you can list your name here (this can help small projects grow and the participants communicate better; for large projects a list of active participants is not needed).
- User:MarkMayhew - working on learning business applications of wikis.
- User:Rayc --working on creating tests
- User:JWSchmidt - I am currently interested in starting some exciting community-wide projects for Wikiversity
- Dionysios (talk), a Participant in the Wikiversity School of Advanced General Studies, Date: 2007-07-18 (July 18, 2007) Time: 1331 UTC
- Wikipedia#Learning resources - list of learning resources on Wikipedia
- Portal:Wiki - under construction
- Wiki learning project - Investigation of the implications of wiki technology for online learning.
- Introduction to Wiki - this project aims to function as a service project for the Wikiversity community and provide learning resources that will aid new Wikiversity editors
- Introduction to Wikiversity - learning how to participate at Wikiversity
- Wikimedia - Wikiversity is a Wikimedia Foundation sister project
- Learning to learn a wiki way
- Wikiversity:Be bold
|Tools for creating internet content|
Tools for image creation and manipulation
Tools for video creation and editing.
Tools for digital audio file creation and editing.
|See also: Digital media workshop - Related discussion: Free content|