Digital media workshop
The Digital Media Workshop is where you can learn about how to make digital media files such as OGG format audio and video. If you need help with a media project, you can post a request here.
Collaboration[edit | edit source]
Looking for help with a digital media project? List requests for help here: I think that by myself is nice
- Originally at the Colloquium: Hello everybody
for the english departement of fr wikiversity, I would like oral comprehension be created. So, I want some help because it's better an english person record the sound.
If you are interested send me a message
Vivelefrat 13:49, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- I'm looking for people who are interested in collaborating on astronomical image processing. The project involves me taking images with a digital camerar attached to a telescope and then working with others to convert the raw images into visually attractive pictures that can be used to illustrate astronomy lessons at wikiversity or to add to articles at wikipedia. See my post at School talk:Graphics for more information, plus some nice samples by JWSchmidt. --mikeu 18:06, 19 December 2007 (UTC)
- mikeu - I am interested in using some of your astronomical images as previously discussed in games and in venture planning exercises at Lunar Boom Town. I am thinking about an exercise in the teleoperated theme park rovers of starting with your photograph of Copernicus as top level planning tool then pulling more detailed closeups from the U.S.G.S. online Planetary Data System. Maybe mining assessments as well. Thanks for providing useful pictures of pieces of the universe for our use! cc mikeu talk page. Mirwin 18:12, 19 December 2007 (UTC)
- I'd like to make simple audio files of tones for ear training. Basically, two notes played one after the other. --HappyCamper 17:16, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
Learning Resources[edit | edit source]
Wikiversity has a growing collection of learning resources about how to create and work with digital files (text, audio, video).
- Wiki Campus Radio
- Introduction to GarageBand
- Wikiversity Reports
- Web 2.0 - creating internet content including digital audio and video files
- Wikiversity the Movie
External resources[edit | edit source]
- Philip Greenspun illustration project - get paid to make illustrations
Video Problems: A green bar is sometimes seen on the edge of the video. This can be due to using a pixel value that is not a multiple of 16. Also, sometimes the QuickTime player does not automatically show the video (there is just a blank space on the page). The Cortado player seems to have problems keeping up with the data flow: is there an optimal bit rate?
|Tools for creating internet content|
Tools for image creation and manipulation
Tools for video creation and editing.
Tools for digital audio file creation and editing.
|See also: Digital media workshop - Related discussion: Free content|