Learning resource means educational content in general terms. Wikiversity has many types of learning resources not available at other Wikimedia Foundation wiki projects (see Wikimedia and What Wikiversity is not). Wikiversity learning resources do not include encyclopedia articles, textbooks, or source texts, for example.
What learning resources does Wikiversity include?
Wikiversity includes learning resources in all subject areas for all age groups. Learning resources can be roughly divided into:
- Learning projects that support active learning, and
- Static learning materials for use outside of Wikiversity.
Research is an integral part of advanced education and professional work in many fields. See Wikiversity:Research for information on Wikiversity research projects.
Learning materials can be audio and video files, text files and are generally static learning objects that can be used either by Wikiversity participants or downloaded for use at bricks-and-mortar educational institutions.
Finding Wikiversity Learning resources
Search. Try using the search feature to find learning resources. See: Wikiversity:Searching.
Wikiversity has many learning resources that are on hard-to-find pages. You can help make sure that every learning resource has a link to it from at least one portal page. Particularly exciting learning resources should become featured content on portals or the Main Page.
When existing portals become too crowded you can make new portals.
Creating learning resources
- Wikiversity:Learning resources
- Rich Learning Resources Platform
- Help:Resource types - a catalogue of resource types presently used in the Wikiversity
- Other Free Learning Resources - find, list, and evaluate Internet learning resources