Redirecting as out-of-date?
The information on this page originated at a time when nobody had yet begun to draw together a real descriptive taxonomy of what contributors on Wikiversity had really been producing in the way of resources. Such a catalogue or taxonomy is now available at Help:Resource types. It is suggested that this page should be redirected to Help:Resource types. I can't see anything worth keeping from this page - but perhaps someone could suggest sections to be moved with the redirect? --McCormack 09:54, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- McCormack: I disagree with you completely. Help:Resource types is a totally different page. Just make a link to your new page from this one.--JWSchmidt 16:54, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- "A totally different page" - let's see. (1) Both this page and Help:Resource types start off by comparing with other Wikimedia projects and their resource types, but Help:Resource types does so in more detail. (2) Both this page and Help:Resource types then list types of resources, but this page only has 3 rather thinly defined types. There are some portal links on this page which may need to be added to Help:Resource types during a merger/redirect. (3) Both this page and Help:Resource types contain links to where resource types can be found, but Help:Resource types uses the category system and is more extensive. Assuming even the best of good faith, I cannot see why someone would say "totally different". Perhaps you could support your view with more detail about what makes this page different? Then we could move forward and identify material for merging. --McCormack 09:29, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
This page is also in the wrong namespace. It should be in Help or Wikiversity. --McCormack 09:45, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
The restriction of this page to 3 resource types, and the way this is worded, seems to me to place unwarranted restrictions on the development of Wikiversity. Redirecting to Help:Resource types. If there is material here which is worth preserving, please fish it out of the history and add a section to Help:Resource types. --McCormack 09:45, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- This page is a learning project. It is not an attempt to list every possible type of learning resource. This page encourages participants to create learning resources and catalog them at portal pages so that other Wikiversity users can find them. This page emphasizes the main types of learning resources and can be linked to more specific types, as needed. --JWSchmidt 16:45, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
Meaning in opening
|“||Learning resource means educational content in general terms. Wikiversity has many types of learning resources not available at other Wikimedia Foundation wiki projects (see Wikimedia and What Wikiversity is not). Wikiversity learning resources do not include encyclopedia articles, textbooks, or source texts, for example.||”|
In this opening paragraph, sentence C doesn't logically support sentence B.
- Logic B: Wikiversity has … LR … not available (elsewhere)
- Logic C: Wikiversity LR … not include (available elsewhere).
Should it say: Wikiversity
has many types of doesn't include all of the learning resources not available at other Wikimedia Foundation wiki projects (see: Wikiversity:What_Wikiversity_is_not). Wikiversity learning resources do not include encyclopedia articles, textbooks, or source texts, for example. Brett Johnston (discuss • contribs) 03:38, 22 April 2020 (UTC)