Wikiversity:Candidates for Custodianship
Please add your request for custodianship (or other staff positions) below. Include a short summary of why you think you should be given the privileges and please refer to your involvement in other Wikimedia projects. If you have sysop/bureaucrat status at a sister project, please indicate so as well.
In a wiki, trust arises from good editing of webpages and "good editing" is what advances the project. If you have a record of good editing then you are likely to be trusted and be granted the tools to protect pages from vandalism and block vandals and delete useless pages. Having those tools really just means you have to do more work -dull and boring work - for the community.
Please place candidate requests or nominations on a subpage and transclude it here.
Requests and Nominations for Curatorship
None at present.
Nominations for Custodianship
I have recently celebrated a year of editing on Wikiversity, although I have been a Wikipedia editor for several years. During that year I have:
- Worked with the University of Westminster putting SPIR608 Political Simulations and Gaming on WV
- Worked with the University of Westminster and the University of Surrey putting Portal:Simulation and Gaming Archive on WV
- Worked on British Empire course design
- Developed templates so that the List of Custodians sorts by date order
- Promoted WV at the Wikimedia UK Conference:Wiki in the lecture room
- I would also like to see WV develop by working more closely with Wikimedia Outreach on developing Open Educational Resources
- I have also been active on Wikieducator and would like to see a closer relationship with them.
I feel becoming a WV Custodian would help me make further useful contributions to WV.Leutha 08:20, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
User:Leutha was nominated for custodianship at a time when Wikiversity had probationary custodians. Probationary custodianship did not require a community vote, just mentor support. Since that time, the WMF has clarified rights requirements. No one is allowed to have access to deleted content without explicit support of the community.
I initially proposed that Leutha could either self-remove the Custodian flag and be granted Curatorship, or explicitly request a vote on custodianship. There has been no response. Leutha has only posted twice at Wikiversity in the past 23 months.
I am therefore requesting that we officially vote to remove Custodian rights for User:Leutha, without prejudice. If this was a simple bit-flip, I'd flip it. But we need to have community support so we can request Steward action. Please vote below and either support or oppose removal of custodian rights for User:Leutha.
Voting to Remove Custodian Rights
- Support as proposer. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 01:01, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support I don't believe Leutha ever used the tools within the last two years! --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 01:19, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support - user is inactive:
- Support it is not safe to leave advanced rights on inactive accounts. Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 01:39, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support removal. This is an obvious instance where the tools should be removed. --mikeu talk 01:53, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
Nominations for Bureaucratship
None at present.
- Custodian Mentorship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archive of nominations for full custodianship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archived - archive of failed nominations
- Candidates for Bureaucratship/Archive of pending nominations
- Custodian requests
- List of custodian mentors
- Wikiversity:Support staff