Wikiversity:Candidates for Custodianship
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests and Nominations for Curatorship
- 3 Requests and Nominations for Probationary Custodianship
- 4 Nominations for Full Custodianship
- 5 Nominations for CheckUser
- 6 Nominations for Bureaucratship
- 7 See also
Please add your request for custodianship (or other staff positions) below. Include a short summary of why you think you should be given the privileges and please refer to your involvement in other Wikimedia projects. If you have sysop/bureaucrat status at a sister project, please indicate so as well.
In a wiki, trust arises from good editing of webpages and "good editing" is what advances the project. If you have a record of good editing then you are likely to be trusted and be granted the tools to protect pages from vandalism and block vandals and delete useless pages. Having those tools really just means you have to do more work -dull and boring work - for the community.
Please place candidate requests or nominations on a subpage and transclude it here.
Requests and Nominations for Curatorship
Green Giant (talk | email | contribs | 
I am nominating User:Green Giant for curatorship. Green Giant has 14,600+ edits on Wikiversity, and more than 190,000 edits across 120 or so different Wikimedia projects. Green Giant is a sysop on Commons, a rollbacker on Wikipedia, and a global OTRS member. Green Giant has shown a genuine interest and investment in improving Wikiversity, and additional tools will make that effort easier. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 19:00, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- What is your interest in and vision for Wikiversity? -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 20:17, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the nomination. My content interest is to help write new resources on English law, work through Category:Images looking for file descriptions to , background work like categorising, fixing . My own vision is that Wikiversity will grow in new ways to serve wider audiences. For example I think it's fantastic that the WikiJournal project appears to be moving towards becoming a separate wiki after being incubated here. The challenge for Wikiversity will be to remain relevant and the best way to do that is to expand the content, particularly aiming for more featured content and new learning projects. Green Giant (discuss • contribs) 21:22, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- What is custodianship? What does a custodian do? Svrangerchrista (discuss • contribs) 21:05, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Svrangerchrista: In terms of Wikiversity, a custodian is a person who is trusted with extra tools that are not available to most other users. One of the clearest (and sometimes controversial) examples is that a custodian can delete pages. However, this is not true deletion because the deleted page can easily be restored. You can find more information at Wikiversity:Custodianship. On other Wikimedia websites, the same role is known as a sysop (short for system operator) or administrator. Green Giant (discuss • contribs) 14:14, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- I am also fine with this nomination. --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 00:38, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- It is looked good - with the diversity of categories and across articles in many projects Jason M. C., Han (discuss • contribs) 04:56, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- Of course I endorse him! He is always welcome here.--Guy vandegrift (discuss • contribs) 16:29, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
- Of course, I have no objection if Green Giant helping if he just wants to help. However, with my recent activities and being drawn into Wikipedia to edit by disclaimers placed there, I feel that there is reason for my concern. It is said that a little paranoia goes a long, long way. There is a fine line between paranoia and being astute. RAYLEIGH22 (discuss • contribs) 20:50, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
RAYLEIGH22 (talk | email | contribs | 
I request to retain Custodianship of Atlantis Location Hypothesis since I have done most of the work on it and I have recently tried to edit on Wikipedia and have had my edit deleted. In addition, I wish to apply for Curatorship or to just retain Dave Braunschweig as Curator of the site. I fear my research on this subject is not being well received or treated fairly. My posts that are based in science are being overpowered by posts/edits that are based in history.
Either we give a fair hearing to the emerging science regarding Atlantis in the Azores or we do not. It kind of reminds me of the war of the currents between Tesla and Edison. If is is a truce that you are looking for, then fine. We can have it. I will stay off of Wikipedia. But I want the manipulation and diversion to the Wikipedia site on the search engines to stop. People have a right to see other ideas in addition to the ones by historians when they use a search engine. These sources state unequivocally that they know the mind of Plato despite the fact that he has been dead for 2500 years and also that Plato's time frame suffered from a translation error.
I can get the same type of arguments from different religious denominations. None of them are based in science and in research. The research to contradict the newer science I am presenting was published in 1917. It is 100 years old.
This Atlantis thing is NOT a religious belief. It is writings by Plato that I am subjecting to scientific scrutiny.
I imagine the people who want control of the Atlantis Location Hypothesis Atlantis in the Azores both in Wikipedia and Wikiversity have vested research or perhaps other interests. My only interest is that of science. IT is instructive that I make this argument and posts so close to Earth Day. No matter what happens now eventually Science will prevail.
- What is your interest in and vision for Wikiversity? -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 12:26, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
Requests and Nominations for Probationary Custodianship
I have recently celebrated a year of editing on Wikiversity, although I have been a Wikipedia editor for several years. During that year I have:
- Worked with the University of Westminster putting SPIR608 Political Simulations and Gaming on WV
- Worked with the University of Westminster and the University of Surrey putting Portal:Simulation and Gaming Archive on WV
- Worked on British Empire course design
- Developed templates so that the List of Custodians sorts by date order
- Promoted WV at the Wikimedia UK Conference:Wiki in the lecture room
- I would also like to see WV develop by working more closely with Wikimedia Outreach on developing Open Educational Resources
- I have also been active on Wikieducator and would like to see a closer relationship with them.
I feel becoming a WV Custodian would help me make further useful contributions to WV.Leutha 08:20, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Custodians willing to mentor
Nominations for Full Custodianship
CheckUsers are required to follow Wikimedia Foundation's CheckUser policy, including requirements for gaining access to the checkuser tools.
None at present.
Nominations for Bureaucratship
None at present.
- Custodian Mentorship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archive of nominations for full custodianship
- Candidates for Custodianship/Archived - archive of failed nominations
- Candidates for Bureaucratship/Archive of pending nominations
- Custodian requests
- List of custodian mentors
- List of probationary custodians
- Wikiversity:Support staff