(Redirected from Topic:Web Science)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Home||Part1: Foundations of the web||Part2: Emerging Web properties||Part3: Behavioral Models||Part4: Web & society||Participate|
- PART1: Week1: Ethernet · Internet Protocol · Week2: Transmission Control Protocol · Domain Name System · Week3: Internet vs world wide web · HTTP · Week4: Web Content · Dynamic Web Content
- PART2: Week5: How big is the Web? · Descriptive Web Models · Week6: Advanced Statistic Models · Modelling Similarity · Week7: Generative Modelling of the Web · Graph theoretic Web Modelling
- PART3: Week8 : Investigating Meme Spreading · Herding Behaviour · Week9: Online Advertising · User Modelling
- PART4: Week10 : Copyright · Net neutrality · Week11: Internet governance · Privacy
follow this link to learn
Web Science/Part1: Foundations of the web
- understand the basic problems when communicating over a shared medium
- understand the origins of ethernet
no learning goals defined
[[File:Web Science MOOC Exercises Week 4.pdf|frameless|300x170px|link=Web_Science/Part1:_Foundations_of_the_web/Dynamic_Web_Content/Summary,_further_reading,_homework]]
Web Science/Part2: Emerging Web Properties
- The question will remain unanswered during the lesson and the entire course.
- question of size is underspecified because a measure is needed.
- measure depends heavily on the choice of how we model the web.
- We have not yet defined what we mean when we say World Wide Web.