Web Science/Part1: Foundations of the web/Ethernet
- understand that ethernet is a nondeterministic protocol
- be able to understand requirements for the link layer in the TCP/IP Protocol suite
- understand the collision detection in ethernet
- understand why randomization is a good idea in nondeterministic protocols
- be able to name a deterministic link layer protocol
- understand the basic problems when communicating over a shared medium
- understand the origins of ethernet
no learning goals defined
- The Webs Awake (An Introduction to the Field of Web Science and the Concept of Web Life by Philip D. Tetlow.
- Foundations and Trends in Web Science, Volume 1 Issue 1 by Tim Berners-Lee, Wendy Hall, James A. Hendler, Kieron O'Hara, Nigel Shadbolt and Daniel J. Weitzner.