Web Science/Part2: Emerging Web Properties/Advanced statistical descriptive models for the Web/Zipf law powerlaw or pareto law.webm
< Web Science | Part2: Emerging Web Properties | Advanced statistical descriptive models for the Web
Zipf law powerlaw or pareto law.webm
- Know how to transform a rank frequency diagram to a powerlaw plot.
- Understand how powerlaw and pareto plots relate to each other.
- Be able to explain why a pareto plot is just and inverted rank frequency diagram
- Be able to transform the zipf coefficient to the powerlaw and pareto coefficient and vice versa.
- Understand that building the CDF is basically like building the integral.
Find the slide deck at File:Zipf_law_powerlaw_or_pareto_law.pdf