Welcome to the Scientific Terminology Learning Project.
Content Summary[edit | edit source]
This learning project seeks to aid science students in understanding the Greek and Latin roots of technical terms. Students are encouraged to discuss words that they have learned on the discussion thread.
Goals[edit | edit source]
This learning project was originally set up to aid students in my Introductory Biology Class in the Spring 2008 semester learn the Greek and Latin roots of Scientific terms to aid them in the class. This information is useful for any student of the sciences, however, and anyone who wishes to is welcome to participate in this project.
Learning materials[edit | edit source]
Text[edit | edit source]
Lessons[edit | edit source]
- Lesson 1: To begin read Lesson 0 and Lesson 1 in the textbook listed above.
Discussion Page[edit | edit source]
Discuss the course or ask questions here.
Activities[edit | edit source]
Readings[edit | edit source]
Active participants[edit | edit source]
- Students - If you register on Wikiversity, you can list your name here.
- If you post on the discussion page, please use three tildes ~ to sign your name.
- You do NOT have to join Wikiversity to use this course.
- User:Rozzychan Instructor
Learning Project Summary[edit | edit source]
- Suggested Prerequisites:
- ... none
- Time investment:
- About one lesson per week.
- Assessment suggestions:
- The text has in-line test yourself exercises.
- If there is interest, I can develop a quiz or self-test
[edit | edit source]
- African Journals Online
- Bing Advanced search
- GenomeNet KEGG database
- Google Books
- Google scholar Advanced Scholar Search
- Home - Gene - NCBI
- International Astronomical Union
- Lycos search
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database - NED
- NASA's National Space Science Data Center
- NCBI All Databases Search
- NCBI Site Search
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information
- PubChem Public Chemical Database
- Questia - The Online Library of Books and Journals
- SAGE journals online
- The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System
- Scirus for scientific information only advanced search
- SDSS Quick Look tool: SkyServer
- SIMBAD Astronomical Database
- SIMBAD Web interface, Harvard alternate
- Spacecraft Query at NASA
- Taylor & Francis Online
- Universal coordinate converter
- WikiDoc The Living Textbook of Medicine
- Wiley Online Library Advanced Search
- Yahoo Advanced Web Search