School:Language and Literature
Hello and welcome to the Wikiversity School of Language and Literature. Here we share our knowledge of methods and ways of writing poetry and prose, and learn non US-English languages and explore their cultures, too. We also discuss many works of literature and literary epochs they belong to, as well as their historical development and the main characteristics by which they can be recognized.
School history & bulletin board
The School of Literature and English Studies was founded within the Wikiversity's Department of Humanities on 15 July 2004, in the time when Wikiversity was still part of the Wikibooks project. Eventually, it became one of the most developed of Wikiversity's schools.
On 30 March 2005, the School of Foreign Language Learning was founded within the Department of Practical Arts and Sciences, though it failed to organize or function adequately.
Soon after the Wikiversity became a separate Wikimedia project, these two schools were merged together, creating the School of Language and Literature, as part of the Faculty of Humanities.
Notice of New Resources
- The School of Language and Literature library was founded February 21st, 2009.
- The School of Language and Literature resource catalog is complete and ready for use as of March 18 2009. Please list any new resources created in this department there. Thanks!
- Organize all resources of the School of Language and Literature onto their own "category" page--see also School of Language and Literature resource catalog.
- The School of Language and Literature library is looking for librarians to improve and organize resources.
Language departments and divisions
- See also: School of Linguistics
Literature departments and divisions
Catalogs and directories
- School of Linguistics
- School of Classics
- Humanities Portal
- Social Sciences Portal
- Wikiversity's Writing Center
- Public Domain AudioBooks developed for listening and dictation online Listening and the practice of foreign language.