Wikiversity:Request custodian action
Please sign with
Wikiversity Custodians are users who have access to technical features that help with maintenance of Wikiversity. Those features include protecting and deleting pages, blocking other editors, and undoing these actions as well. Custodians are both trusted members of the community and generally well known.
|Edit protected page||0|
|Own page deletion||0|
Please block SPA users for cross-wiki sock puppetry, disruption, and impersonation.
See Steward Requests/Checkuser. The following two Wikiversity accounts, all SPAs, were clearly identified as being in the impersonating sock puppet army verified by the steward.
- extensively participated in the Deletion Request based on abuse this user created as an impersonator.
- fed Marshallsumter possibly misleading information about Sci-fi (while actually being Sci-fi-)
The following account was stale and checkuser would not find it, but is likely connected and was an SPA harassing Ben Steigmann back in January:
- This user listed many of the same accounts later listed in the Wikipedia sock puppet investigation by Michael skater, one of the identified abusive socks. See [https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User_talk:Ben_Steigmann#Sock_putting_on_the_main_Wikipedia his challenge to Steigmann. In fact, of the four listed, two were not identified as Steigmann socks and probably were not. This was misleading, trolling. In fact, it took a long time before the real Steigmann socks were tagged, because they had not actually been disruptive and Wikipedia tends to ignore minor socking if not disruptive. Michael skater appeared quite frustrated and apparently decided that he needed to draw much more attention, so, I infer, he created a series of abusive socks to make it happen. It worked, until it was examined more closely. We've had impersonating socks here before.
There are other accounts in the global sock list that registered first on Wikiversity, but did not edit here. Sometimes accounts with no local edits will be blocked as a precaution, in cases like this. This is not some minor content dispute, this was blatant impersonation and cross-wiki disruption, attacking Wikiversity academic freedom, far beyond mere "personal attack."
- I checked on loginwiki, where Psychicbias and Myerslover are stale. The results are that: Ben Steigmann Blissentia, Blastikus the cat, Blastikus Cats, Spirit of Myers, Ben the Blissentia, Jamenta 2, Spirit of James 2, Gggtt Steigmann, Michael skater, Bigcheeses, Sci-fi-, Gavarn1982, AlienMan99, Braude194 and Atheistic guy are Likely the same user. Ruslik (talk) 20:18, 22 September 2017 (UTC)
- The following accounts are not registered. Tools do not allow blocking an account that does not exist. The user page has been created, tagged as a sockpuppet, and protected.
- Ben Steigmann Blissentia (talk | email | contribs |
- Blastikus the cat (talk | email | contribs |
- Blastikus Cats (talk | email | contribs |
- Spirit of Myers (talk | email | contribs |
- Ben the Blissentia (talk | email | contribs |
- Gggtt Steigmann (talk | email | contribs |
- AlienMan99 (talk | email | contribs |
- Braude194 (talk | email | contribs |
- The following accounts have been blocked for abusing multiple accounts and disruptive edits. The user page has been created, tagged as a sockpuppet, and protected.
- The following account has been blocked for harassment. The user page has been created, tagged as a suspected sockpuppet, and protected.
- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 14:48, 23 September 2017 (UTC)
- The following account has been blocked for abusing multiple accounts and disruptive edits. The user page has been created, tagged as a sockpuppet, and protected.