Mediawiki, the software that runs Wikiversity and its sister projects, has a feature that allows importing of pages from other wikis. When a page is imported that way, the edit history is preserved and the license observed. Currently, we can import pages from Wikipedia, Wikibooks, betawikiversity, Wikiquote and Wikisource.
Archived requests for import: Archive 1
New requests for import
You can list here what pages from the above available projects you would like to have imported to Wikiversity.
Completed requests for import older than one week are located in the archive.
I would appreciate the import of the template Template:Location mark+ that I would like to use in my and my students' Wikiversity projects "Editing Internet Text". Thank you. Iszmael (discuss • contribs) 21:00, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
I request that the page w:Gramophone Company of India Limited Vs. Shanti Films Corporation and others be imported into this project from Wikipedia. This revision of the Wikipedia article appears to be original research that might be suitable for Wikiversity (it reads like a periodical article). The page is presently at "articles for deletion" (AfD) so it may change drastically at any time, but we may still want to have the essay. There is no point in waiting for the end of the AfD, as most of the participants are convinced that "transwiki" isn't a possible outcome of any AfD, and can't be persuaded otherwise. James500 (discuss • contribs) 17:11, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 17:34, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Remarkable to see the deletion discussion: w:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Gramophone Company of India Limited Vs. Shanti Films Corporation and others. User:James500, you did not understand the relationship of the WMF and Wikipedia governance, the argument about "not allowed to delete" was incorrect. The Wikipedia community can basically delete whatever it chooses, and when you tell people they are "not allowed" to do what they want to do, they may well do it to spite you.
- On the other hand, I've seen closes of "transwiki." Blue Raspberry was correct, however. But it requires more work, not only a deletion (which may be routine with a transwiki close, it is merely delayed), but then a request and an undeletion. I'd have suggested a close with blanking of the page and possibly page protection, of a soft redirect, see w:Wikipedia:Transwiki log. We can see in the discussion Wikipedian ignorance about Wikiversity. That's common. --Abd (discuss • contribs) 16:35, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
This page w:Draft:Visual C++ name mangling was originally deleted because it was classed as original research. I have restored this as a draft to allow copying. Several people wanted to move it, so perhaps Wikiversity is the place for it to go. Please can someone import it here! Graeme Bartlett (discuss • contribs) 07:47, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
- Wikiversity:Original_research) I'm going to let you deal with the page: Draft:Visual C++ name mangling (I'm new to importing... so if I did a mistake then I apologize) Thanks. ---Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 12:22, 13 January 2016 (UTC) Done (BTW, original research is permitted on Wikiversity per
There is a good chance that betawikiversity: will close soon. If it does we should be prepared to import betawikiversity:Category:EN. I've produced a listing of everything that is there as of today. There's a few titles that we should skip. I'll update this in case anything new gets created. --mikeu talk 20:50, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- On Hold until the outcome of the closure proposal is settled. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mu301 (talk • contribs) )