Welcome to the portal for Learning Projects.
A major part of Wikiversity learning is organized around Learning Projects and Learning Groups. Wikiversity encourages a "learn by doing" model for education. Wikiversity contributors develop learning activities on a wide variety of topics. Wiki technology promotes collaborative editing of "learning projects". Participants are encouraged to learn by exploring topics of interest and editing the wiki pages.
- Community service projects - Wikiversity provides scholarly services to Wikimedia sister projects.
- Wikiversity the Movie - community-wide project to produce a promotional video.
- Wiki-based learning - The implications of wiki technology for online learning.
- Bibliography and Research Methods - How to find and cite verifiable sources.
- Learning materials projects - Find and evaluate existing learning resources or develop new ones.
- Reading Groups - learning projects around specific books, texts, videos, or entire oeuvres.
- Wikiversity translations - Community service project to support Wikiversity Beta.
- Outreach - collaborations with other institutions and projects.
- Highschool Help Forum - A Q&A based forum made with liquid threads. You can discuss the use of HHF to create for an easier collaboration. Refer Moving HHF Forward
Intermediate filament proteins
Participants explore gene databases and the molecular evolution of cell proteins.
Browse learning projects in these portals:
Content development projects exist on pages in "School:" or "Topic:" namespaces.
"Learning is the product of the activity of learners." - John Holt
"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." - Albert Einstein
"I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays, and have things arranged for them, that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas." - Agatha Christie
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." - William Butler Yeats
- Academic writing contains a list of articles written by scholars in a workshop for learners of English as a second language.
- ALISON is a FREE [Advertisement Funded] learning resource of interactive certification-based learning, focusing on proprietary software.
- Aquaculture - Economic, Political, Social and Scientific Perspectives
- Astronomy Project - Project participants access public astronomy databases and explore outer space.
- Bloom clock project - an attempt to create a language for discussing the bloom times of wildflowers and other plants that is neutral in respect to climate, region, and hemisphere.
- Building Automation - A project to standardize the education requirements and learning resources of building automation professionals.
- Composing free and open online educational resources - The course reading and the assignments of this class will familiarize the participants with the main concepts related to open education resources and to the historical and philosophical ideas behind them.
- CAD - Computer Aided Design and Analysis for engineers. Learn how to design and analyze systems, machines, parts in 2D and 3D.
- Cell biology improvement drive - service-oriented project.
- Chain mail - How to make a suit of chain mail armour. Involves actually making a suit from simple materials.
- Collaborate and Create In-service- a professional development collaborative for teachers interested in computer technology integration aligned to relevant curriculum with a focus on OLPT[[[OLPT]]]
- College Algebra - Basic mathematics on a college level.
- Flycatcher - How to make a custom fly rod.
- German Home Immersion School - How to build a customized immersion school wherever you are!
- Glossary of Geology Terms
- Elasticity - An introductory course on elasticity theory for all engineers, mathematicians, physicists, and biologists who are interested in stresses and deformations of elastic solids.
- Highschool Help Forum - A simplified discussion forum within Wikiversity. It is being discussed to use this to facilitate an easier collaboration between students. Refer User_talk:Thewinster#Moving_HHF_forward.
- History of Europe to 1648 – A comprehensive survey of European history.
- History of Ireland through Song - Irish History, the fun way.
- Hitler's Germany - A brief study into the workings of the Third Reich.
- Homeschooling - Building resources for parents and children who teach and learn outside of the compulsory public education systems.
- Human Genetic Uniqueness Project - students search for genes that make humans different from other mammals.
- International Relations - Help create an introductory course.
- Institutional ethnography - Introduction to a social research method for the study of everyday life and group organization.
- Learning to learn a wiki way - An action research project to investigate ways of learning using a wiki.
- Lunar Boom Town - Want to get rich settling the moon? Come help us figure out how. Excellent business planning practice for budding entrepreneurs of all types and ages.
- Microsystems for molecular analysis -- Includes DNA integrated circuits and the capillary electrode array.
- Public Policy Debate Learn to effectively develop and present public policy positions persuasive to enemies and sovereigns and useful to allies. Attempt to establish appropriate grounds, boundary conditions, usefully specific and general definitions and other attributes useful in a learning community.
- Quiz -- learn about using the quiz extension in your pages; discuss the educational use of wiki quizzes; develop pages with quizzes.
- Reading Clubs
- Reading Groups
- Self Paced Reading Labs - A project to develop a set of reading exercises that can be used for self managed reading practice and evaluation.
- Strategic Simulations - Help develop strategic level simulations for the purposes of learning and teaching military strategy.
- The Science Behind Parkinson's - To build an introduction to the science behind Parkinson's; to follow current research progress; to compile and share the information discovered; to discuss its significance.
- VoIP activity group - Learn to communicate over the Internet in realtime using Voice over Internet Protocol
- Visual Programming Language - To design and create a Graphical or Visual programming language thats freely available under GNU license.
- Web 2.0 for Professional Use - A Web writing class learns how to write, design and effectively use new media in the academic and professional spheres.
- Wikiversity Distributed Virtual Supercomputer - support for group computing projects and mathematical simulations.
- War Seminar - discussions about the history of war as a cultural practice and current wars in the world.
- Writing Discipline Specific Research Papers - Resources for students learning to write university level research projects.
"Thoughtful learning," James Roberts. Research-based learning activities customized for specific learning styles. (original link was at Central Kentucky News Journal. This is either gone or is behind a pay wall.)
Content by Subject
Arts · Humanities · Mathematics · Medicine · Science · Social Sciences · Technology
Content by Level
Pre-school Education · Primary Education · Secondary Education · Tertiary Education · Non-formal Education · Research