Welcome to the Astronomy Learning Project. This learning project offers learning activities that allow Wikiversity participants to learn astronomy "on the job" by participating in analysis of astronomical observations.
Project participants access public astronomy databases and explore outer space.
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
You should also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Galaxy zoo, an off-wiki project for galaxy classification.
- Galactic evolution - participants analyze data from the Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) Mission (launched April 28, 2003).
- Observational astronomy - learn basic principles of astronomy by using software to analyze images taken with a telescope. Subtopics include:
- Topic:SkyCam - an all-sky camera project
- Ladd Observatory SunSpotter Loaning
-  - Celestia is a free program which lets you explore the universe and see many of the known stars and planets.
- Celestia scripting guide