Portal talk:Learning Projects
If you update featured content on this portal, make sure that you update Portal:Learning Projects/Featured.
This website is so awsome i got a ton of help on here. edit this and leave a message under this one to explain your experience
- It gets even better if you register a username. --JWSchmidt 22:58, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
Wikiversity:Learning projects v Portal:Learning Projects
I would like to propose merging these two pages. Having two pages that deal with the meta content of Learning projects is confusing. I'm unsure of what the fine distinction is between these pages and from the content on the pages so are a lot of other people. Also the titles are inconsistent on is title case with both words being capitalized and the other is sentence case with just Learning being capitalized. Mystictim 14:59, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
- The portal is to help guide people to active projects. The page in project namespace is for meta-content such as planning new projects. --JWSchmidt 15:46, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
- So I guess it should be noted that at the current time there is not much of a difference between the two (since we are still in a beta phase and almost no projects are up and running), but there will be in the future. - Trevor MacInnis 15:51, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
Can this be more explicit?
I was just commenting on School_talk:Strategic_Studies that I have a different understanding of learning projects. Here it seems they are presented as grand curricula of learning for a full class worth of information. I thought they were to be discreet activities with discreet learning objectives, and that Classes were made up of small projects. Is this not so? There seems to be a lot of ambiguity about this classification business. Also, since classes and projects can clearly be shared between programs/curricula/etc., should there not be a clear classification system (perhaps course prefixes and numbers per North American universities) and a full "Course Calendar" listing so that people creating curricula or degree programs find it easier to pick and choose classes to use?--Dnjkirk 05:04, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- A very general term for Wikiversity main namespace content is "learning resources". In my mind, it is easy to think about dividing all learning resources into two major subcategories: learning materials and learning projects. Learning projects should be concerned with activities that promote learning. Learning materials are more static learning resources that might be used by learners who are engaged in learning activities. I feel comfortable thinking of traditional courses as one type of learning project. We could probably divide a traditional course into many smaller learning projects such as a series of lectures, a set of discussion sessions, a group of assignments, etc. Wikiversity allows subpages for main namespace pages. Some Wikiversity participants might want to create a main namespace page that is like a syllabus for a course with links to many related subpages that each hold specific learning materials and narrowly focused learning activities....we can also call the narrowly focused activities "learning projects". If you are into categorization and numbering systems you might want to start here: Wikiversity:Naming conventions. --JWSchmidt 06:11, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- I went back to the Strategic Studies School to experiment with the ideas you mention here and the ones found on the pages you recommend. I think you're right, it is easy to divide the resources/activities as you've said. In order to reflect this, I've started putting together pages using the Topic namespace all together in a resource section on the main page. While this may become oversized and have to be moved to another page (or given more depth and hierarchical organization) I hope it is a useful pile of material from which it would be easy to construct learning projects. I do still think that the concept of classes fits neatly between both Topics and Projects. The Class could obviously be a synergy of both, bringing together discreet learning objectives and learning resources into a cogent whole. Since real Universities are structured in this manner, I feel the idea should have some traction.--Dnjkirk 17:26, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
How to start a Learning project
Guide to Learning projects
- A "Guide to Learning projects" is a good idea, but remember, Wikiversity "wikiprojects" (content development projects) are pages in the "School:" and "Topic:" namespaces. --JWSchmidt 22:56, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
New page format
Use Portal:Learning Projectsnew to design new versions of Portal:Learning Projects. My main goal was to include featured content and links to other Wikiversity content that can be called "learning projects". --JWSchmidt 03:40, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
ABC Islam - The Book
I have written a rocking book that I wish to publish abroad due to its sensitivity and importance. My book is a Personal Development book promoting Spirituality and explains the Quran touching the taboos of religion, politics and sex.
The book addresses the people who feel there is something wrong with the current version of Islam but do not know what exactly is wrong, and why Muslims are lagging behind the world, and I make it clear that following the Religion of Abraham is the proper fashion of Islam. I have kept most of the Quranic terminology in Arabic without translation to avoid misconception. Yet, the innovation of this book lies in its being the first book written in a Brainstorming fashion and the Quran verses are being explained more liberally according to Personal Development concepts and theories and in light of the Bible which proves that the Quran and the Bible are both guiding us to a better life and vision than what we have now in the Arab World. The book addresses most of the taboos now causing conflict between the Arab world along with the Muslims all over the world and the rest of the world. Taboos as Palestine-Israel conflict, Relation with Jews and Christians, Politics and The Egyptian Revolution, Virginity, Veil, Marriage and the Woman taboo in general, Sexuality and Homosexuality, Praying, The Danish Cartoons about Muhammad, Karma, Reincarnation Theory, A Nobel prize agenda and more. It is a phenomenal study that proves the Quran is guiding us to live a life close to what the West is living today, and Islam is not at all guiding us to be a conservative and black or white society but on the contrary is guiding us towards liberty, and that there is acceptance room in the Quran for everyone even the Homosexuals in a religion which I call "Islam of Abraham".
I wish you would provide me the support needed to publish my book for I believe "ABC Islam" will make a dramatic change in the world's view and mentality as it is a revolution in Quran interpretation based on Personal development concepts and conforming with the Bible and Torah. The author of this book is me, Wessam Muhammad Abraham, Egyptian 41 year old Telecom Engineer who worked as Marketing and Sales Manager for Ericsson Telecom, Nokia Networks and Cisco Systems, BSc. University graduate and Personal Development specialist for 12 years. I have traveled to Europe and lived in Sweden, Spain and Finland for years. I have been writing this book for 5 years and only now I am finishing it.
I care to find a prestigious publisher abroad, and I trust you are the best resort to have this book see the light and I do hope you would assist me publish this book after you see the work and find it worth survival.
Unfortunately the book is in Arabic text for I could not find a professional translator up to the level of this book, yet there are English captions on the brainstorming pages. A link on Google docs is available https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B84c0FlSZXoANDNhNDI3MzMtMTJlOS00OGY0LThlYzctMGIzZWY1MWM3NTBk&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
188.8.131.52 18:15, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure this is a appropriate place to ask about getting your book published. However if you made WV:learning resources on the subject of your book perhaps you could use your book as a learning material. These things will not get your book published though. I have no experience in publishing books but maybe someone else does and perhaps you should ask in the WV:colloquium. Devourer09 (t·c) 17:48, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
Significant Level of Confidence and Correlation (Under 5 Fundamental Analysis Observations)
Catagories of 5 fundamental analysis for Undervalued and Crash Stocks (more than 40% drop in value during a week period). They are
1) Industrial Focus not only on targeted industry but also related industries. For example - Oil and Electric car demand. Explanation - In Crude oil exploration, petroleum (gas) is not the only main product; it always links with natural gas and by products such as plastic industry. Or simply, it is the leading industry (Lithium exploration company due to the triple digit growth and demand from environment conscious (sustainability) Or the lagging ones (CDs companies).
2) Business or Economic The business cycle, M1 and M2 growth, Output gap, Leading and Lagging indicators etc.
3) Competitive Why should we invest in that particular company over the rest in the same industry?
4) Company or Employees How that particular company production efficiency, output quality, and services standpoint in that industry? Or for the service company, how the long-term employees feel or think of the company they are working now?
5) Government How does the local government look at that particular industry? For example, cash subsidiaries for buying electric car rebates and different levy on export and import to that particular industry.
To be continued...