Professional Development for Teachers of Health Professionals
This is a professional development program for teachers of health professionals. Our aim is to aid teachers through a process of developing a subject in a contemporary Australian tertiary educational setting. There is an emphasis on skills and knowledge that promote independent professional teaching practice.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Understand the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework (or equivalent standards body)
- Develop a subject outline that includes a summary, list of objectives, activities, assignments and assessments.
- Design assignments suitable for use in assessing learning outcomes
- Source and produce a range of online educational content and use them with a subject outline to compile a website for the subject
Modules[edit | edit source]
- Connect and communicate
- Write a subject outline
- Produce educational content
- Activities, assignments and assessment
- Evaluate teaching practice
The assignments in each of the modules are used to guide and assess your learning. On successful completion of a module you will be awarded a badge for displaying on your email signature, website or networking profile. Our badges are currently issued through Credly.com and Wikiversity.
Events[edit | edit source]
We try to host as many face to face events as possible. Our events are announced through the Google+ community Teachers of Health Professionals, video streamed through Youtube, and documented on linked Wikiversity pages.
- Past events
- Using video - 9 May 2014, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Ways to connect - 11 September 2013, La Trobe University Albury Wodonga and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Blended learning and online teaching - 1 November 2013, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Activities, assignments and assessment - 2 August 2013, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Open Education - 12 March 2013, La Trobe University, Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Wikipedia Training Day, Bendigo - 21 February 2013, La Trobe University (Bendigo Campus)
Communications[edit | edit source]
Please follow our progress or get in touch with peers or a coordinator, by way of the following communication channels