- Brinckerhoff, Peter C. Social Entrepreneurship: The Art of Mission-Based Venture Development. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2000.
- Bornstein, David. How to Change the World, Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
- Patton Rob. Managing and Measuring Social Enterprises, Sage Publications, London 2003.
- Birchard, Bill. Nature's Keepers, The remarkable story of how the Nature Conservancy became the largest environmental organization in the world, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 2005.
- Shore, Bill. Revolution of the Heart, A New Strategy for Creating Wealth and Meaningful Change, Riverhead Books, New York, 1995.
- Research on Social Entrepreneurship: Understanding and Contributing to an Emerging Field (Volume 1, No. 3) The third volume in ARNOVA’s Occasional Paper Series—Research on Social Entrepreneurship: Understanding and Contributing to an Emerging Field is available through ARNOVA.