If this resource is ever completed, it will be a universal bibliography. Until then, it will be an approximation of a universal bibliography.
This bibliography is arranged as an index of topics.
Biographical dictionaries etc
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography; Dictionary of National Biography
- Boase. Modern English Biography. (editions:uzt3-qMuFcMC)
- A & C Black's Who's Who
- Who Was Who
- The Academic Who's Who. A & C Black. 1st Ed: 1973  . 2nd Ed: 1975. Commentary: . GBooks: editions:INAP7GGD2gYC editions:tA0FkHC75FIC
- Dictionary of Edwardian Biography (Pike's New Century Series)
Works that comprise largely of biographies:
- The Penguin Companion to Literature
Dictionaries of dates
- Baxter Dictionary of Dates and Events. 1st Ed: 1963: Napier, M (ed). 2nd Ed: 1971: Sanders and Laffin.
- Beeching, Cyril Leslie. A Dictionary of Dates. OUP. 1st Ed: 1993. 2nd Ed: 1997. editions:UGGp0EexZdcC
- William Young Darling. A Book of Days: A Dictionary of Dates, a Chronology of Circumstance, the Face of Time. Richards Press. 1951. 
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates. 1st Ed: 1911. 6th Ed: 1971. Review: (1971) 11 RQ 164 
- Platt, Charles. Foulsham's Dictionary of Dates and General Information. 1930.
- Haydn's Dictionary of Dates
- Hamlyn Dictionary of Dates and Anniversaries. Newnes Dictionary of Dates.
- Williams, Henry Llewellyn. Hurst's Dictionary of Dates. 1891. 
- Keller, Helen Rex. The Dictionary of Dates. Macmillan. 1934. Commentary:  
- Pulman, George Palmer. The World's Progress: A Dictionary of Dates. New York. 1861. 
- Urdang, Laurence. The World Almanac Dictionary of Dates. Longman. 1982.  Review: (1982) 22 RQ 101 
- John Henniker Heaton. Australian Dictionary of Dates and Men of the Time. 1879. 
- John James Knight. In the Early Days; History and Incident of Pioneer Queensland, with Dictionary of Dates in Chronological Order. Sapsford & Co. Brisbane. 1895.
- Damon, Charles Ripley. The American Dictionary of Dates, 458-1920. R G Badger. 1921.
- Paton, John (ed). Knowledge Encyclopedia: 1979, 1981, 1988. New Discovery Encyclopedia: 1990.
- The Dorling Kindersley Illustrated Family Encyclopedia
Books of facts
- The Reader's Digest Book of Facts. 1st Ed: 1985. Reprinted with amendments: 1987: . (Review: Library Journal, v 9, p 102, 1 Dec 1987, Book Verdict.) 3rd Revised Ed: 1995: . GBooks: editions:nnJlLybWxbIC
Series of classics
- Penguin Classics (Penguin Modern Classics, Penguin English Library)
- Oxford World Classics
- Everyman's Library
- Wordsworth Classics
- Macmillan Collectors Library
- Bantam Classics
- Minster Classics
- The Literary Heritage Collection (Heron Books, London. William Collins Sons & Co, Glasgow)
- Chandos Classics
- Temple Classics
- Longmans Heritage of Literature Series
- Greatest Masterpieces of Russian Literature (Heron Books, London)
- Corgi SF Collectors Library
Children's and shorter classics etc
- Shorter Classics. Ginn and Company.
- Ladybird Children's Classics.
- Mini Classics. Parragon Books.
- Bonny Books. Peter Haddock Ltd.
- A series published by Dean & Son Ltd
- National Register of Microform Masters
- Guide to Microforms in Print
Non-fiction general series
- Oxford Companions
- Butterworth Sources of Information
- Collins Reference Dictionaries
- New Horizons. Thames and Hudson.
- Collins Gem
- Concise Encyclopedias. Collins.
- Time Life Books
- Teach Yourself Books. English Universities Press.
- Teach Yourself Books. Hodder and Stoughton.
- Made Simple Books. W H Allen.
- Palgrave Master Series
- Harrap's Mini Series
- Shire Albums. Shire Publications.
- Fax Pax: Knowledge in a Nutshell. Fax Pax Ltd.
- The Wonderful World Books. Macdonald and Company
- Harper's ABC series. Includes A-B-C of Housekeeping, A-B-C of Electricity, A-B-C of Gardening and A-B-C of Manners.
- University Paperbacks. Meuthen & Co
- World Student Series. Addison Wesley
- Unibooks. Hodder and Stoughton
- International Student Editions. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- Hutchinson University Library
- Pelican Books
- Salmon Cameracolour series
- Pitkin Pictorials
- Victoria County History
- Shire County Guides. Shire Publications.
- Movements in World Art. Meuthen.
- Movements in Modern Art. Meuthen.
- How to Draw and Paint. New Burlington.
- Contemporary Science Paperbacks. Oliver and Boyd.
- Pan Piper Science Series
Science and mathematics
- Simon and Schuster Tech Outlines
- Schaum's Outline Series
- The Library of Communication Techniques. Focal Press.
- John Fiske (ed). Studies in Culture and Communication. Routledge.
- The Media. Wayland.
- ABC series. Peter Pauper Press.
- Pan Piper Small Gardens Series.
- Series on mythology published by Southwater (imprint of Anness)
- Exeter Studies in History
- Access to A Level History. Edward Arnold.
- Flagship History
- Sutton Pocket Histories
- Langer (ed). The Rise of Modern Europe. Harper.
- Brookeman and Issel (eds). The Contemporary United States. Macmillan.
Inns of court
- The Records of the Honorable Society of Lincoln's Inn. Google Books: editions:44paS1hFG1MC
- Vegkart over Finnmark Fylke. Lito-print. Oslo. 1957. 2 sheets. 1:300,000 scale.
- The Accountant (1874 onwards)
- Accountant's Magazine (1897 onwards) Aberdeen
- Kamen, Ruth H. British and Irish Architectural History: A Bibliography and Guide to Sources of Information. Architectural Press. 1981. 
- Houses from Books
- Catalogue of the Books Relating to Architecture, Construction and Decoration. Boston Public Library. 1894.
- Architect and Building Gazette (1849-1850) (formerly Architect and Building Operative)
- Technology Architectural Review (1887-1890)
- Architectural Review (1890-1921) Boston. Commentary: 
- Architectural Record (1891-1938)
- Academy Architecture and Architectural Review (1889-1931) (formerly Academy Architecture and Annual Architectural Review)
- Architects' Journal (1895 onwards)
- Architectural Review (1896 onwards) London
- Architecture (1896-1898)
- Bibliographical Notes and Queries (1935 to 1939)
- Book Review Index (1965 onwards)
- Current Book Review Citations (1976 onwards)
- Index to Book Reviews in the Sciences (1980 onwards)
- Norsk bokfortegnelse. Norwegian National Bibliography.
- Bateson. Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature. 1940. Watson, Supplement 1957.
- Concise Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature
- New Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature
- Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature. Cambridge University
- Ewen. Bibliography of Eighteenth Century English Literature. Columbia University. 1935
- Marcuse. A Reference Guide for English Studies. University of Calfornia. 1990
- Bracken. Reference Works in British and American Literature. Libraries Unlimited. 1998
- Kennedy and Sands. A Concise Bibliography for Students of English. Stanford University
- Pelican Guide to English Literature
- Cambridge History of English and American Literature
- Cambridge History of English Literature
- Concise Cambridge History of English Literature
- New Cambridge History of English Literature
- Oxford History of English Literature
- Oxford Illustrated History of English Literature
- Short Oxford History of English Literature
- Routledge History of Literature in English
- Cambridge History of Early Medieval English Literature
- Cambridge History of Medieval English Literature
- Cambridge History of Early Modern English Literature
- Cambridge History of Victorian Literature
- Cambridge History of Twentieth Century English Literature
- Liverpool Magazine (1890)
- Literary Garner (1835)
- Cambridge History of French Literature
- Surface. Bibliography of the Pulp and Paper Industries. Forest Service. Bulletin 123. 1913. 
- West. Reading List on Papermaking Materials. 1920 to 1921.  
- Bigmore and Wyman's Bibliography of Printing
- George Thomas Watkins. Bibliography of Printing in America. Boston. 1906. 
- Marthens. Typographical Bibliography: A List of Books in the English language on Printing and its Accessories. 1875. 
- Gee. Works relating to Bibliography, History of Printing, Bookbinding &c. 1880. 
- A Catalogue of Practical Books about Printing. Inland Printer. 1915 External scan
- Contributions to the Bibliography of Printing