See also History and Geography.
This part of the Universal Bibliography is a bibliography of history.
Metabibliography[edit | edit source]
- D'Aniello (ed). Teaching Bibliographic Skills in History. 1993
- Besterman. History and Geography: A Bibliography of Bibliographies. 1972 
- Guide to Periodicals and Bibliographies Dealing with Geography, Archaeology, and History 
- A Consumer's Guide to Research Guides for Historical Literature. American Library Association. 1990 
- The American Historical Association's Guide to Historical Literature. 1995 
- George Matthew Dutcher. A Guide to Historical Literature. P Smith. 1949. Google Books
- Adams. A Manual of Historical Literature. 1882 , 3rd Ed: 1889  
- Historical Abstracts: Bibliography of the World's Historical Literature. 
- International Bibliography of Historical Sciences. De Gruyter
- Sonnenschein. A Bibliography of History and Historical Biography. 1897 
- Andrews, Gambill and Tall. Bibliography of History for Schools and Libraries. 1910   
- A Bibliography of History: Being a Collection of Reading Lists from Courses in History and Allied Fields. Harvard Graduate History Club. 1953 
- Grose (ed). A Select Bibliography of History. 1970 
- Fritze, Coutts and Vyhnanek. Reference Sources in History: An Introductory Guide. 1990 . 2nd Ed: 2004 
- A Consumer's Guide to Ready Reference Sources in History. American Library Association. 1990 
- Boehm and Birkos. Reference Works: History and Related Fields. 1967 
- Bibiographies and Indexes in World History. ISSN 0742-6852. Issue 12
- Roach (ed). A Bibliography of Modern History. CUP. 1968 
- Medlicott. Modern European History, 1789-1945: A Select Bibliography. 1960. Revised: 1973. 
- Rouse, Claxton and Metzger. Serial Biblographies for Medieval Studies. University of California Press. 1969 
- International Medieval Bibliography. University of Leeds
- Davis. Medieval European History 395-1500: A Select Bibliography. Historical Association. 2nd Ed: 1968 
- Iliff. A Guide to the Literature in English on the Teaching of History. University of California. 1914. 
- Moyer. Historiography: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. OUP. 2010. 
Military and Naval:
- Bibliographies of Battles and Leaders. Issue 17
- DeVries. A Cumulative Bibliography of Medieval Military History and Technology. 2002. Update 2003-2006, published 2008. 
- Horward. Napoleonic Military History: A Bibliography. Garland. 1986. 
- Schneid. Napoleonic Wars. The Essential Bibliography Series. 2012 
- Whaley. The Impact of Napoleon, 1800-1815: An Annotated Bibliography. 1997. 
- Bruce, Anthony. A Bibliography of British Military History: From the Roman Invasions to the Restoration, 1660. K G Saur. 1981. 
- Rasor. English/British Naval History to 1815. Praeger. 2004. The Seaforth Bibliography. Pen and Sword. 2008. 
- Rasor. The Spanish Armada of 1588: Historiography and Annotated Bibliography. 1993. 
- Lynch. The War at Sea: France and the American Revolution: A Bibliography. 
- Whitrow. ISIS Cumulative Bibliography: A Bibliography of the History of Science Formed from ISIS Critical Bibliographies 1-90, 1913-65. 
- Wehefritz. Bibliography on the History of Chemistry and Chemical Technology 17th to the 19th Century. 1994. 
- Bibliography of the History of Medicine. (National Library of Medicine). 
- Jasenas. A History of the Bibliography of Philosophy. 1973. 
- International Bibliography of the History of Religions. 1964 volume, 1969. 1973 volume, 1979.
- Chaniotis. Greek Religion. (Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide). 2010. 
- Taneti. History of the Telugu Christians: A Bibliography. (ATLA Bibliography Series, number 60). 2011. 
- Norton. Religious Newspapers in the Old Northwest to 1861: A History, Bibliography, and Record of Opinion. 1977. 
- Calder and Kramer. An Introductory Bibliography to the History of Classical Scholarship: Chiefly in the XIXth and XXth Centuries. 1992.
- Calder and Smith. A Supplementary Bibliography to the History of Classical Scholarship: Chiefly in the XIXth and XXth Centuries. 2000. 
- Hansen. A Bibliography of Danish Contributions to Classical Scholarship from the Sixteenth Century to 1970. 1977. 
- Andersen. Danish Contributions to Classical Scholarship, 1971-1991: A Bibliography. 2004. 
- Bibliographic Guide to North American History. G K Hall. 1979. 1980. 1982. 1985. 1986. 
- Bibliographies and Indexes in American History 
- Brasseaux and Conrad. A Bibliography of Scholarly Literature on Colonial Louisiana and New France. 1992. 
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Annual Bibliography of British and Irish History. Royal Historical Society.
- Ireland, Stanley. Roman Britain: A Sourcebook. Croom Helm. 1986. 
British Empire, Colonies and Commonwealth
- Porter, Andrew. Bibliography of Imperial, Colonial, and Commonwealth History Since 1600. Oxford University Press. 2002. 
- McCrank. Bibliographical Foundations of French Historical Studies. Haworth. 1992. Routledge 1996.  
- Bowditch, Grew, Geiger. A Selected Bibliography on Modern French History, 1600 to the Present. 1974. 
- Echard. Foreign policy of the French Second Empire: A Bibliography. 1988. (Bibiographies and Indexes in World History, issue 12)
- Young. French Foreign Policy 1918-1945: A Guide to Research and Research Materials. 1981. Revised: 1991. 
- Munch-Petersen (ed). Guide to Nordic Bibliography. 1984. (016:9 History, 016:902 Archaeology, 016:908 Local history). Pages 194 to 206.
- Bibliografi Til Norges Historie
- Hill: Norwegian Local History: A Bibliography of Material in the Collections of the Memorial Library, University of Wisconsin-Madison. 1989. 
- Dansk Historisk Bibliografi
- Jansen and Riis. A Select Bibliography of Danish Works on the History of Towns Published 1960-1972. 1973. 
- Tamm. The History of Danish Law: Selected Articles and Bibliography. 2011. 
- Snorrason. The History of Medicine in and about Denmark: Sources and Bibliography. 1968.
- Ferreiro. The Visigoths in Gaul and Spain: A.D. 418-711: A Bibliography. 1988. 
- Bibliographies of States of the United States. No 8
- Flagg and Jennings. Bibliography of New York Colonial History. (New York State Library, Bulletin 56, Bibliography 24, February 1901)
- Dickinson and Hitchcock. A Bibliography of Tennessee History, 1973-1996. 1999. 
- Schlinkert. Subject Bibliography of Wisconsin History. 1947. 
- Bradley. A Bibliography of Wisconsin's Participation in the War between the States. 1911. 
- Wilkinson. Chinese History: A New Manual
General Series[edit | edit source]
- Oxford Histories
- Oxford Historical Monographs. (Oxford Monographs Series)
- Cambridge Histories
- Exeter Studies in History
- Access to A Level History. Edward Arnold.
- Seminar Studies in History. Longman.
- Flagship History
- Sutton Pocket Histories
- Studies in Economic History. Macmillan.
- Langer (ed). The Rise of Modern Europe. Harper.
- New Oxford History of England
- Commager and Morris (eds). New American Nation. Harper.
- Brookeman and Issel (eds). The Contemporary United States. Macmillan.
- Perrot and Chipiez's Works on Ancient Art. Wikisource
- Columbia Histories of Modern American Life.
- Shotwell (ed). Records of Civilazation: Sources and Studies. Columbia University Press. (wikisource)
General[edit | edit source]
- Gardiner, Juliet (ed). What is History Today? Macmillan Education. 1988
- Cambridge Ancient History
- Cambridge Medieval History
- Cambridge Modern History
World[edit | edit source]
- Wetterau, Bruce (compiler). Concise Dictionary of World History. Macmillan. 1983. Robert Hale. 1984.
- Roberts, J M. Shorter Illustrated History of the World. Helicon Publishing. 1993. BCA. 1994.
Records[edit | edit source]
Inns of court
- The Records of the Honorable Society of Lincoln's Inn. Google Books: editions:44paS1hFG1MC