Jump to navigation Jump to search
This part of the Universal Bibliography is a bibliography of periodicals and other serials.
Metabibliography[edit | edit source]
See also bibliograhies listed under "literature"
- "Periodicals". Britannica. 1911.
- New International Encyclopædia, 1905, "Periodical"
- Steve Peak and Paul Fisher, "Publications about the press". The Media Guide. 2000, pp 135-9. 2001, pp 160-4.
- Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory
- Newspaper Press Directory . Benn's Press Directory . Benn's Media Directory. Benn's Media.
- Willing's Press Guide
- UK Press Directory
- MDB Magazine Directory
- The Circulation Report
- Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature 
- Union List of Periodicals
- Minnesota Union List of Serials (MULS). MULS, a Union List of Serials. 
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Serials & Newspapers in Microform 
- William A Katz, Bill Katz and Linda Sternberg Katz. Magazines for Libraries. 7th Ed. Bowker. 1992. . Reviews: Booklist, Reference & Research Book News.
- David Woodworth. Guide to Current British Journals. Library Association. 1973. v1. David P Woodworth and Christine M Goodair. Current British Journals: A Bibliographical Guide. 1989.
- Technical and Specialised Periodicals Published in Britain 
- Current Index to Journals in Education
- Walford's Guide to Current British Periodicals in the Humanities and Social Sciences 
- Carolyn S Larson (ed). Art Serials: Union List of Art Periodicals and Serials in Research Libraries in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Washington Art Library Resources Committee. 1981. 
- Doris Robinson. Fine Arts Periodicals: An International Directory of the Visual Arts. Peri Press. 1991. 
- British Periodicals in the Creative Arts. University Microfilms. 1972. Google. Early British Periodicals. University Microfilms. (Series contains microfilms of 185 periodicals).
- Union List of Scientific Serials in Canadian Libraries. 1957.
- British Literary Magazines 
- Ward, Literary Reviews in British Periodicals, 
- Brake and Demoor. Dictionary of Nineteenth-Century Journalism
- Victorian Periodicals: A Guide to Research
- Houghton. The Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals 1824-1900. v2
- The Waterloo Directory of Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
- Ward. Index and Finding List of Serials Published in the British Isles, 1789-1832. 
- Victorian Periodicals Newsletter
- Victorian Periodicals Review
- New Serial Titles 
- Index to the Periodicals of 1895  (one of a series of annual volumes)
- Australian Periodicals in Print (10 ed) . Periodicals in Print - Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea (11 ed onwards) .
- Index to New Zealand Periodicals
- Periodicals in South African Libraries. South African Council for Scientific and Industrial Research. Pretoria. 1961. v1
- Cooperative List of Periodical Literature in Libraries of Central California. University of California, Berkeley. State Printing Office. 1902. 
- Thomas Johnston Homer. A Guide to Serial Publications Founded Prior to 1918 and Now Or Recently Current in Boston, Cambridge, and Vicinity. 1922. 
- A List of Serials in Public Libraries of Chicago and Evanston. Chicago Library Club. W P Dunn Company. 1901.  
- Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Journals and Periodicals 
- Carter and Hook. Implementing Online Union Lists of Serials.
- Tercentenary Handlist of English & Welsh Newspapers, Magazines & Reviews. 1920  
- Stanley Morison. The English Newspaper: Some Account of the Physical Development of Journals Printed in London between 1622 & the Present Day. Cambridge University Press. 1932. 
- Melissa S Van Vuuren. Literary Research and the Victorian and Edwardian Ages, 1830-1910: Stategies and Sources. (Literary Research Strategies and Source No 9). Scarecrow Press. 2011. Chapter 7 (Period journals and newspapers). p 153 et seq.
- Hubbard's Right Hand Record and Newspaper Directory  
- Desbarats All Canada Newspaper Directory
- W W Butcher's Canadian Newspaper Directory 
- T F Wood & Co's Canadian Newspaper Directory 
- W Meikle. The Canadian Newspaper Directory and Advertiser's Guide. 1858 
- International Bureau of the American Republics. Newspaper Directory of Latin America. US Government Printing Office.1892
- Newspaper Directory of China (including Hongkong) with Check List of Newspapers and Periodicals Published in Japan, Chosen, Java, Sumatra, Borneo, Siam, Singapore and Federated Malay States. Carl Crow. 1931
- Bacon's Newspaper Directory. Bacon's Information Incorporated
- Guide to the Current Periodicals and Serials of the United States and Canada 1st Ed:1907, 2nd Ed:1908, 3rd Ed:1914, 4th Ed:1920, 5th Ed:1931, Supps:1910, 1923
American newspapers[edit | edit source]
- Centennial Newspaper Exhibition, 1876. Compiled by Geo P Rowell & Co. New York. 1876. 
- Pettengill's Newspaper Directory and Advertisers' Hand-book for 1878 . Also 'National Newspaper Directory and Gazetteer.
- Kenny. The American Newspaper Directory and Record of the Press. Watson. 1861.  
- Rowell's American Newspaper Directory. 1872   
- C A Cook & Co's United States Newspaper Directory. 1876. 
- Edward P Remington's Annual Newspaper Directory   (includes canada)
- Newspaper Directory and Advertisers' Manual.G M Savage Advertising Agency.1907.  (includes canada)
- Complete Newspaper Directory. Coe, Wetherill & Company. 1873
- Indiana Newspaper Directory & Rate Book 
- Virginia Newspaper Directory, 1945 
- Michigan Newspaper Directory and Rate Book. Michigan Press Association 
- Illinois Newspaper Directory 
Agriculture[edit | edit source]
- F A Buttress. Agricultural Periodicals of the British Isles, 1681-1900, and their Location. University of Cambridge, School of Agriculture. 1950. 
- Landon, Fred. The Agricultural Journals of Upper Canada (1935) 9 Agricultural History 167
- Duke, Dorothy M. Agricultural Periodicals Published in Canada, 1836 -1860. Canada Department of Agriculture, Information Division. Ottawa.1961.
- Tucker, Gilbert Milligan. American Agricultural Periodicals: An Historical Sketch. 
- Stuntz, Stephan Conrad. List of the Agricultural Periodicals of the United States and Canada published during the Century July 1810 to July 1910. US Dept of Agriculture. Miscellaneous Publications 398. US Govt Printing Office. 1941. External scan
- Directory of Agricultural Periodicals of SAARC Countries. SAARC Agricultural Information Centre. 1st Ed: 1993, 2nd Ed:1996.
- List of Agricultural Periodicals, Societies, Experiment Stations, and Schools in Latin America. Pan American Union, Division of Agricultural Cooperation. 1941. 
- Agricultural and Animal Sciences Journals and Serials: An Analytical Guide. Greenwood Press. 1986. 
- E E Edwards, "Agricultural Periodicals" (1937) 
- Goddard, Nicholas, "The Development and Influence of Agricultural Periodicals and Newspapers, 1780-1880" (1983) 31(2) Agricultural History Review 116 
Architecture[edit | edit source]
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Claude Bergeron. Canadian Architectural Periodicals Index, 1940-1980. Quebec. 1986. 
- K Subramanyam. Directory of Architecture Periodicals. (Architecture series, vol 362) Vance Bibliographies 1980
- RIBA Annual Review of Periodical Articles
- Desley Luscombe. Australian Architectural Serials, 1870-1983: A Preliminary List. University of New South Wales, School of Architecture. 1985
- Paul Breman (ed). Architecture: Magazines and Periodicals. B Weinreb Ltd. 1966
- Carlo Menon. The Missing Decade?: Architectural Magazines of the 1990's. University College London. 2013
Catholic[edit | edit source]
- Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913, Periodical Literature
Chess[edit | edit source]
- Hooper and Whyld. "Periodicals". The Oxford Companion to Chess. Oxford University Press. 1984. Paperback: 1987. Page 245.
- Peddie, Contribution to a Bibliography of Chess Periodicals (1891) 12 Notes and Queries 142
Education[edit | edit source]
- The Encyclopedia Americana, 1920, Educational Periodicals
Libraries[edit | edit source]
- The Encyclopedia Americana, 1920, Library Periodicals
Music[edit | edit source]
- Grove (ed), A Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 1900, Musical Periodicals
Printing[edit | edit source]
- "Printing Trade Periodicals", Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature, vol 2, p 88