Wikiversity:Candidates for Custodianship/Leutha
Leutha (talk • email • contribs • stats • logs • global account)
I have recently celebrated a year of editing on Wikiversity, although I have been a Wikipedia editor for several years. During that year I have:
- Worked with the University of Westminster putting SPIR608 Political Simulations and Gaming on WV
- Worked with the University of Westminster and the University of Surrey putting Portal:Simulation and Gaming Archive on WV
- Worked on British Empire course design
- Developed templates so that the List of Custodians sorts by date order
- Promoted WV at the Wikimedia UK Conference:Wiki in the lecture room
I also regularly attend Wikimedia London Meet ups, I am active with Wikmedia GLAM outreach, and I am currently working with Wikimedia UK on a collaborative project with The National Archives
- I would also like to see WV develop by working more closely with Wikimedia Outreach on developing Open Educational Resources
- I have also been active on Wikieducator and would like to see a closer relationship with them.
I feel becoming a WV Custodian would help me make further useful contributions to WV.Leutha 08:20, 13 August 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Custodians willing to mentor[edit source]
I am willing. Sincerely, James. -- Jtneill - Talk - c 11:00, 16 August 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Mentorship started[edit source]
2019 Discussion[edit source]
User:Leutha was nominated for custodianship at a time when Wikiversity had probationary custodians. Probationary custodianship did not require a community vote, just mentor support. Since that time, the WMF has clarified rights requirements. No one is allowed to have access to deleted content without explicit support of the community.
I initially proposed that Leutha could either self-remove the Custodian flag and be granted Curatorship, or explicitly request a vote on custodianship. There has been no response. Leutha has only posted twice at Wikiversity in the past 23 months.
I am therefore requesting that we officially vote to remove Custodian rights for User:Leutha, without prejudice. If this was a simple bit-flip, I'd flip it. But we need to have community support so we can request Steward action. Please vote below and either support or oppose removal of custodian rights for User:Leutha.
Voting to Remove Custodian Rights[edit source]
- Support as proposer. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 01:01, 22 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support I don't believe Leutha ever used the tools within the last two years! --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 01:19, 22 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support - user is inactive:
- Support it is not safe to leave advanced rights on inactive accounts. Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 01:39, 22 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support removal. This is an obvious instance where the tools should be removed. --mikeu talk 01:53, 22 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- I also have no prejudice regarding a future reapplication and would welcome continued participation in any form. --mikeu talk 01:03, 26 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Added Steward request. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 16:37, 27 November 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]