Outline[edit | edit source]
- Events in a web-browser (onmouseover, onclick, etc.)
- Creating pop-up windows
- Getting your program to make decisions: if-statements
Lesson[edit | edit source]
Suggested Activities[edit | edit source]
- Alice in Wonderland - Have fun creating and interacting with your own 3D world... and learn the fundamentals of computer programming while you're at it!
- Web Programming Intro - Research some of the fundamental principles of computer programming to create an ongoing resource of your own!
- Web Design/AJAX Challenges - (Advanced) Get started with some tutorials and challenges to learn the basics of AJAX.
Your learning resources[edit | edit source]
Online tutorials[edit | edit source]
- Web Development And Design Tutorials - This website provides a series of web development tutorials from creating simple HTML pages to more complex dynamic web pages.
- Introduction to creating dynamic webpages! - This tutorial lets you learn through interactive coding, it sets you goals and progresses easily but thoroughly.
- Introduction to Programming - This tutorial starts right from the beginning helping you to learn what programming is as a non-programmer (Written by a graphic artist!). Part 2 of this tutorial introduces some Object-Oriented programming concepts. It might be good to read this before going on to other more practical tutorials.
Examples[edit | edit source]
- Simple Popup - Opening a popup window.
- More useful Popup - Controlling the popup window's size and other properties.
- Form Validation 1 - Checking the number of characters entered into a form field.
- Form Validation 2 - Validating a few fields on a form.
- Basic email validation - Making sure the user included an '@' symbol in an email field.
Online Reference[edit | edit source]
- CSS Cheat Sheet - everything you'll ever need to remember about CSS all packed onto one page!
- - Web Design Update - A a plain text email digest newsletter. It typically goes out once a week. All web designers and developers are invited to join.
The following links might give you an idea of what's possible even though they go well beyond the scope of this topic!
Books[edit | edit source]
Related Qualifications[edit | edit source]