Web Design/Produce basic client side script for dynamic web pages
This unit defines the competency required to produce a number of client side scripts for dynamic web pages, utilising a range of relevant features from different appropriate languages.
This competency can be viewed directly on the Australian National Training Information Service website:
- (ICAITB137A) Produce basic client side script for dynamic web pages (update to new competency when available).
The competency is outline here together with ideas for demonstrating your competence as well as related modules where you can learn more skills relevant to this unit.
The specific performance criteria for this unit can be viewed online on the NTIS site (update to new ICA05 competency when available).
In outline, this unit requires that you:
- Analyse the exact requirements for your specific project, including the dynamic functionality (e.g. form validation, fades, animations, interactivity etc.) and the client-side scripting language that you can use to achieve this functionality.
- Design and create your HTML (ensuring that you meet accessibility requirements and other relevant standards) with your initial client-side script embedded or linked in a separate file.
- Test, debug and retest your scripts until you achieve the functionality that you're aiming for.
- Finish off the documentation (you should already be commenting appropriately in your code!) and submit your design for approval to the appropriate person.
Ideas for demonstrating competence