Web Design/Web design group learning activities
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you are lucky enough to be learning together with a group of people, you might want to break up your class or project work with some fun group activities related to your Web Design course that challenge the way the web is used for learning!
- Web Design/Group Activities/Paired Bio Pages - Find your first client from within the group (preferably someone you don't know well), prepare for your interview, conduct the interview (and take photo?), before creating your Bio page (HTML or Word). Good way to get to know each other and find out different levels of skill in both design and technical areas.
- Web Design/Group Activities/Scoping a Small Project - In small groups (3 or 4) plan a small project (quote, tasks, timeline).
- Web Design/Group Activities/Discovering the Skills that are 'Web Design' - Working in groups (or a group) to put together a prioritised list of skills and technologies a web designer needs to learn. Quick activity for learning more about each others different background knowledge.
- Wikipedia Worktank - Getting into groups, choosing an article and verifying/correcting it's validity. See how collaboration works on a global scale! Check one week later to see how any edits have been received by others and reflect on the experience.
- Web Design/Group Activities/Ordering Tasks for a Web Project - Work in pairs to order and set the precedence for all the tasks required to build a website!
- Web Design/Group Activities/A WebDesign Quiz show - Here's a chance to go over lots of things that you've learned in a fun way with your class!
- Web design challenges - Small design/coding challenged based on a 3hr turn-around.