Sustainable Development Goals/SDG4
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Major progress has been made for education access, specifically at the primary school level, for both boys and girls. However, access does not always mean quality of education, or completion of primary school. Currently, 103 million youth worldwide still lack basic literacy skills, and more than 60 per cent of them are women
- Target 1 "By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and Goal-4 effective learning outcomes"- shows the commitment to nondiscriminatory education outcomes
- Explore the concept of Open Educational Resources and explain how this concept can contribute to SDG4!
- Explain possible challenges and problems (e.g. Quality Assurance) and explore ways to solve problems and challenges that you see!
- See how mobile data collection and generation of aggregated information can be used to improve w:Resilience of communities. The Youtube video by Dan Josef (2018) is used in a Webinar improve quality of education combined with benefit for communities as feedback or an optimized response in the context of Humanitarian Open Street Map Team HOT
- If you are an author of learning resources in Wikiversity, then try to analyse the objectives content of your learning resource and assign SDGs to your learing resource.
- Green Open Access reduces bias on publication and access to the publication because neither the author nor the reader has to pay for the access to content. Quality Assurance of commercial publication are performed free of charge by the scientist, how can you adapt this quality assurance concept to Green Open Access. Analyse how WikiJournal of Medicine and WikiJournal of Science work!
- Humantarian OpenStreetMap Team - Learn how communities can use collaborative mapping approach as learning resource - Impact on SDG4 - Capacity Building and Learning for Communities.
- Risk Literacy learning resouce and sustainable user-driven risk mitigation strategies.
- Green Open Access
- Videoconferencing in educational setting with OpenSource software
- Open Community Approach
- UN-Guidelines for Use of SDG logo and the 17 SDG icons (2019/05/10) - https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/news/communications-material/
- "Goal 4: Quality education". UNDP. Retrieved 13 April 2017.