Sustainable Development Goals/Developing Countries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For moving forward towards more sustainabily peace or at least the absence of crime is a basic foundation to sustainable communities.
- No poverty: If poverty was a big problem before. Especially in this time of COVID-19 the situation became more severe, due to the fact, that people loose there job, loose income, ... as a consequence of pandemics.
- Zero hunger: In western societies there is lot of food waste and on the other side people are begging on the road for food.
- Good Health and Well-being: Access to food and clean water is one foundation for good health. Furthermore even if food is available male-nutrition and the exposure to toxicants could have an impact on health. COVID-19 adds additional burden on the most vulnerable societies and communities.
- Quality of Education. If the majority of parents do not have money to pay for food, then access education might not have a high priority due to the fact primary for food, water and shelter must be covered before education could become a priority-
- Gender equality: If a high percentage of women are being abused in their homes and workplaces, the primary objective must be crime reduction and peace in the society must be accomplished before more advanced objectives of gender equality could be accomplished.
- Clean water and sanitation: Clean water for drinking is a foundation for health and a foundation for living. Due to climate change dry regions will be exposed to more hot period and extreme events. So the situations for dry regions in world get worse. Exspecially in developing countries e.g. in Africa and Niger women are carrying water on their heads from streams, which might be polluted and therefore has a negative impact on health if people drink the water. On the other hand water is necessary for survival. The option to drink uncontanimated water is not available for most of the citizens.
Learning Tasks[edit | edit source]
- (Vulnerability of Society - Survival and Sustainability) Explore the current situations in developing countries and identify, where the basic foundation of peace is not available. What are the options to survive? How can alternatives be provided that can be reached by citizens and communities in the most vulnerable societies?
- (Risk Mitigation and Capacity Building) Explore concept of capacity building and learning. In emergency some member states support other UN member states to overcome the crisis after a disaster happends (Tsunami, Earthquake, Bush fire, flooding,...). Capacity building and learning might not reduce the probabilty of such an event, but capacity building might improve the preparedness of the citizens to such an event. What are the requirements, that capacity building material e.g. in Wikiversity would be supportive for citizens or communities to accomplish Risk Literacy and be able to implement Risk Mitigation Strategies?
- (Collaborative Mapping) What is the role of collaborative mapping to support appropriate capacity building for sustainability?