Produce basic client side script for dynamic web pages
From the official document:
- This unit defines the competency required to produce a number of client side scripts for dynamic web pages, utilising a range of relevant features from different appropriate languages.
You can read more on the National Training Information Service's official document for ICAB4137A or read below to find out how this unit might benefit you!
This unit forms part of the following qualifications:
How this unit will help you[edit | edit source]
In outline, this unit will help you:
- Design and create your HTML (ensuring that you meet accessibility requirements and other relevant standards) with your initial client-side script embedded or linked in a separate file.
- Test, debug and retest your scripts until you achieve the functionality that you're aiming for.
- Finish off the documentation (you should already be commenting appropriately in your code!) and submit your design for approval to the appropriate person.
Ideas for demonstrating this unit[edit | edit source]
(TODO: include example technical documentation, include projects beyond the JS challenges)
Grading[edit | edit source]
If you are demonstrating this unit as part of a formal course, you might find that the unit is graded (meaning you can not only demonstrate your competence, but can also gain a credit or distinction). Your facilitator may already have set criteria that your college uses. If not, here are some ideas for possible credit/distinction activities that you can discuss with your facilitator:
- Complex input validation (such as email or credit cards)
- Try out and demonstrate some basic AJAX