Jump to navigation Jump to search
Intermediate database concepts include database search and the difference between spreadsheets and databases.
Objectives and Skills[edit | edit source]
Objectives and skills for databases include:
- Know appropriate search terms for database searches
- Distinguish between spreadsheets and databases
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
- YouTube: Quick Tips & Shortcuts for Database Searching
- YouTube: MS Access 2007 Tutorial - Spreadsheets Vs Databases. Which one should I use?
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Use Google Scholar to perform an advanced database search for the words library database search in the title of the article.
- Based on the spreadsheet application in use on your system, perform an Internet search for spreadsheet limits for that application. Identify when a database application would be a better choice (number of rows, number of columns, or number of tables).