Basic graphics includes graphics manipulation and drawing tools.
Objectives and Skills
Objectives and skills for simple formatting include:
- Manipulate graphics: resize; rotate; flip; order; color
- Understand function of drawing tools
These activities may be completed using any drawing or graphics application (Microsoft Paint, Paintbrush, LibreOffice Draw, Google Draw, GIMP, etc.).
- Start your graphics application. It should automatically open with a new, blank drawing. If it does not, add a new blank drawing.
- Either insert an image into your drawing or paste an image from the clipboard.
- Select the image. Drag the border to resize the image.
- Rotate the selected image. You should be able to rotate it 90 or 180 degrees. Some graphics applications will allow more precise rotations.
- Flip the selected image. You should be able to flip the image both horizontally and vertically.
- Insert or paste a second image. Move the image to layer it on top of the first image. Some graphics programs allow you to have multiple layers of images and change the order (which image is on top as viewed).
- Use the pen or color fill feature to add color to your drawing.
- Use the text feature to add a title and your name to the drawing.
- Save your drawing.
- Print your drawing.
- Computer Skills/Intermediate/Graphics
- Computer Skills/Advanced/Graphics
- Computer Skills/Proficient/Graphics