I just made a video that is available in three places:
2-My facebook page
3-c:File:Open Quizbank Proposal First.webm
See also the pdf printout of the slides
Lake Campus Symposium: Creating a bank so students won't break the bank
The conversion to LaTeX should make this bank more compatible with VLEs
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE VISITING THESE QUESTIONS
Quizbank - Quizbank/Python/LaTex - Category:QB/LaTeXpdf - QB - edit news
Students with minimal Python skills can now write numerical questions
Wright State University Lake Campus S/# 2019-9 OpenStax Openstax files Quizbank QB Category:Quizbank/Units Category:QB/LaTeXpdf Physics equations Equation sheet Solutions Astronomy college course Category:Physics and Astronomy/Labs Category:Openstax file Editorial tricks User:Guy vandegrift/T (list) Bitbucket Template:Draftspace 2019 Syllabi falstad.com Physics_for_beginners
- See Quizbank for more information about these units.
- See Category:Quizbank/Equations for an effort to provide equation sheets for all these exams and quizzes.
- See QB for list of all quizzes.
- Wright State University Lake Campus
All units strive for uniformity in format and offer classroom ready quizzes or exams ready to print in sufficiently large numbers that everything can be hidden in plane sight. In other words, the actual exams are publicly posted in sufficient quantity that no harm is done to the integrity of the test or quiz. Some of the units can be used with an overhead projector for very short "check quizzes" using strips of paper or clickers during a lecture (for more information see Quizbank/Instructions.)
Electromagnetism for an introductory calculus based course (OpenStax)
Three closely related units are available:
- Quizbank/Electricity_and_Magnetism_(calculus_based) is a collection of 4 question quizzes that closely follow chapter examples in OpenStax University Physics Vol. 2 Unit 2. The quizzes can be either printed out, or displayed on an overhead projector.
- Quizbank/Electricity_and_Magnetism_(calculus)_Exams contains the same questions as above, except the questions have been grouped into two two cumulative tests of 10 questions each. Each test covers six chapters (5-10 and 11-16).
- Quizbank/University_Physics_Semester_2 takes this sequence one step further by including material not associated with OpenStax. This material includes geometrical optics, polarization, and extra questions on , and brings us one step closer to the goal of creating a complete set of assessments for the four volumes of OpenStax physics (3 volumes of University Physics and the 1-volume College Physics textbook). Equations for this unit are under construction.
Quizbank/Bell is still under construction. I used a small number of questions from this unit to supplement Quizbank/University_Physics_Semester_2 because Bell's theorem involves polarized photons. But the unit is intended for a first year conceptual physics course (without prerequisite mathematics.)
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Quizbank/Equations (1 cat, 7 pgs)
Pages in category "Quizbank/Units"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.