Wikiversity consist of learning resources organised in articles just like in Wikipedia. Some articles with small sections and paragraphs they fit on slide can be fetched from the University can be converted into the presentation. With the Wiki2Reveal the maintenance of learning resources can performed in the standard way just like any other learning resource in Wikiversity.
Target Group[edit | edit source]
The target group of this learning resource our teachers and authors that want to integrate RevealJS presentations into a learning resources for using in lectures in videoconferences and live annotations of provided slides or provide audio comments in conjunctions with slides for asychronous learning scenarios.
Learning Tasks[edit | edit source]
- (Wiki2Reveal Example) Start example Wiki2Reveal presentation generated on-the-fly from the german Wikiversity lecture in Mathematics. Click though the slides and press "C" for some slides to create comments on the slide. Furthermore test a some pages the blackboard by pressing "B" and write on the seperate blackboard for each slide. Press reload for the Wiki2Reveal presentation and see that the annotation and handwriting on the slides persist only for the browser session and are not stored on a server (privacy for annotations).
- (Course Pages) Create or select a course page. A course page is the root article in Wikiversity for all learning resources that are assigned to the course.
- (Purpose of Course Pages) Course pages aggregate learning resources for the course. You can regards this page about "Wiki2Reveal" as the course page for the learning resource. Below you will find the Wiki2Revel links for this learning resource.
- (Add Wiki2Reveal Section to Course Page) Add a new section to your course page where you want to link the different Wiki2Reveal presentations. You can create those links with Wiki2Reveal Link Creator for Course Pages
Course about Wiki2Reveal[edit | edit source]
- Wiki2Reveal Demo - (Wiki2Reveal Slides) - see example how to embed video and audio in Wiki2Reveal slides.
- Use Wiki2Reveal-presentation in Wikiversity - (Wiki2Reveal Slides) - e.g. in lecture or in a video conference with live annotation of slides.
- Create Wiki2Reveal-presentation in Wikiversity - (Wiki2Reveal Slides)
- Technical Background
Remarks[edit | edit source]
- (Course Pages) Please do not use the course: prefix as namespace in Wikiversity to aggregate a collection of different Wiki2Reveal presentations/articles on the course page. Just use the topic of the course as header - e.g. instead of Course:Functional_Analysis use Functional Analysis as title of the learning resource and create Wiki2Reveal presentations as subpages Functional Analysis/Lesson XY of the root pages Functional Analysis of the topic. The course page contains also other non-Wiki2Reveal sources like Wikibooks (e.g. a reference to a Wikibook:Functional Analysis)
- (Content for Root Page of Course) If content of the root pages exceed a certain length, then a course page as subpage of the root page can be created for aggregating the learning resources (e.g. Functional Analysis/Course can be used to link the Wiki2Reveal learning resources for the course and refer to specific presentations like Functional Analysis/Lesson XY).
See also[edit | edit source]
- PanDocElectron/Wiki2Reveal for technical background of Open Source implementation
- Videoconferencing and Screenshare of Wiki2Reveal slides
References[edit | edit source]
- Wiki2Reveal Course Page Link Creator (2021) GitHub Proof of concept for authoring support for Wikiversity author - Link contains the parameters for this Wiki2Reveal course page as Demo - Link in Wikiversity created by Engelbert Niehaus for learning resource - Default call: https://niebert.github.io/Wiki2Reveal/wiki2reveal_link.html - (checked 2021/01/07)