We may never know when the first person dreamed of traveling to the moon, but dreaming of the adventure was the first step toward making it happen. The famous articulation of that dream, expressed as a specific national goal by President John F. Kennedy focused the efforts of a nation on making it happen. Then Martin Luther King, Jr. inspired millions to improve civil rights throughout the United States when he famously declared “I Have a Dream” as he shared his bold and vivid vision of a better future.
Create and maintain your vision for a better tomorrow. Maintain a positive outlook.
What is your dream?
- Write a (fictional) narrative describing the daily life of a particular person, perhaps your granddaughter, living in the future as you would like to see it unfold.
- The Wikiversity course Envisioning Our Future may be helpful.
- Identify any actions you can take now to help that future happen as you envision it.
Suggestions for further reading:
- Kevin Costner (Actor), James Earl Jones (Actor), Phil Alden Robinson (Director) (1989) (in English). Field of Dreams (DVD). Universal Studios.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1 at line 3556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil).
- (Evaluate: Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life )
Physiological Needs • Human Rights • Psychological Needs • Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs • Dignity • Health, Fitness, and Wellness • Flourishing • Emotional Competency • Family • Progeny and Legacy • Peace of mind, Inner Peace • Beauty, awe • Exploration, discovery, learning • Dreaming • Authenticity • Virtues Development • Courage • Love • Spiritual Development • Play • Pleasure • Flow • Skills Mastery • Esteem and Recognition • Creativity • Stewardship and Sustainability • Compassion • Integrity • Values Development • Community • Adopt a Global Perspective • Find your good work • Altruism • Peace on earth, good will toward all • Enlightenment • Wisdom