Talk:Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Psychological capital
- 1 Heading casing
- 2 Topic development feedback
- 3 Direct quotes
- 4 Case Study Feedback
- 5 Suggestions
- 6 APA style for direct quotes
- 7 APA style for citations
- 8 Chapter review and feedback
- 9 Multimedia feedback
|FYI, the convention on Wikiversity is for lower-cased headings. For example, use:|
Topic development feedback
The topic development has been reviewed according to the marking criteria. Written feedback is provided below, plus there is a general feedback page. Please also check the chapter's page history to check for editing changes made whilst reviewing the chapter plan. Responses to this feedback can be made by and/or contacting the reviewer. Topic development marks are available via . Note that marks are based on what was available before the due date, whereas the comments may also be based on all material available at time of providing this feedback.
Title, sub-title, TOC
Case Study Feedback
That was an interesting read, thanks for asking for feedback! I hadn't considered the specific characteristics of positive psych development so was good to get an idea of how it is defined.
I liked the use of a case study but thought it could be further developed by providing some more explicit examples - such as why Michelle thought her workplace could specifically benefit (e.g. there were problems with x in the workplace), what the intervention might have involved, etc. Essentially something to provide a bit more of an illustration of what PsyCap development might look like in real life. If there was an image that would illustrate steps for implementing/using PsyCap in the workplace that might also help as well.
- Hi Dot, thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. As suggested I added a fictional case study. If you get a chance could you please have a look over the case study to see if it makes sense etc. Also, do you think i need to add a section on the outcome of the intervention? Thanks in advance, Silvia U3037801 (discuss • contribs) 09:17, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
Promising case study. To develop further, perhaps consider:
- introducing the case study "problem" in the Overview, and then advancing the case study within each major section
- how the intervention might develop each of the four aspects of HERO
- impact on an individual worker
- putting the case study in a highlighted box(es)
- for other examples of case studies, maybe look through some previous chapters that have been highlighted with a yellow star (). There are also some good examples at the beginning of each chapter in the Reeve textbook.
Hi there, this is an interesting and well developed chapter! I added APA captions to your figures. I also have a few suggestions for you, 1. Adding more hyperlinks to relevant words in your chapter, 2. Changing the first letter of the words after a dot point to capitals, 3. The APA is not quite correct in your reference list (eg. journals should be italicised). Well done and good luck, I hope this is helpful! --U3160212 (discuss • contribs) 10:26, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi U3160212, Thanks for the positive feedback on my chapter and the useful suggestions for improvement. Appreciated, Silvia
APA style for direct quotes
Note that APA style for direct quotes is to include page numbers, including for the first quote. Also note that direct quotes are probably over-used in this chapter. They don't really demonstrate much in the way of demonstrating your own synthesis of theory and research. -- Jtneill - Talk - c 10:38, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
APA style for citations
Note that APA style for citations of three or more authors includes a comma before than ampersand (i.e., Luthans, Youseff & Avolio, 2017 -> Luthans, Youseff, & Avolio, 2017). -- Jtneill - Talk - c 10:35, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
This chapter has been reviewed according to the marking criteria. Written feedback is provided below, plus there is a general feedback page. Please also check the chapter's page history to check for editing changes made whilst reviewing through the chapter. Responses to this feedback can be made by and/or contacting the reviewer. Chapter marks will be available later via Moodle, along with social contribution marks and feedback. Keep an eye on Announcements.
The accompanying multimedia presentation has been marked according to the marking criteria. Marks are available via the unit's Canvas site. Written feedback is provided below, plus see the general feedback page. Responses to this feedback can be made by . If you would like further clarification about the marking or feedback, contact the unit convener.