School:Art and Design
WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF
Art and Design
PART OF THE FACULTY FOR HUMANITIES.
Design, usually considered in the context of the applied arts, engineering, architecture, and other such creative endeavours, is used as both a noun and a verb. "Design" as a verb refers to the process of originating and developing a plan for a new object (machine, building, product, etc.). As a noun, "design" is used both for the final plan or proposal (a drawing, model, or other description), or the result of implementing that plan or proposal (the object produced).
- 1 Divisions and Departments
- 2 The Division of Fine Arts
- 2.1 1. Division of Craft Arts
- 2.2 2. Institute of Art Studies and History
- 2.3 3. Institute of Dramatic Writing
- 2.4 4. Division of Fashion
- 2.5 5. Institute of Film and Television
- 2.6 6. Division of Performance Art
- 2.7 7. Division of Visual Art
- 2.8 8. Department of New Media Arts
- 2.9 10. Visual Communication Design
- 2.10 11. Philosophy of Art
- 2.11 12. Social Practice
- 3 School news
- 4 Note to new instructors
- 5 Active participants
- 6 Lessons
- 7 Learning projects
- 8 Research projects
- 9 Resources
- 10 External links
Divisions and Departments
Here are the current Divisions and Departments of the School of Art and Design
Includes Narrative Film Production - Filmmaking.
By going to The Division of Fine Arts, you will see the following:
The Institute of Film and Television seeks to broaden knowledge of media production with regard to visual narrative and non-narrative types of media. Divisions have been re-branded as 'concentrations' because various aspects of these fields build and support one another.
Concentrations of Film and Television
Visual Communication Design is a branch of arts comprehending the designed visual communication of ideas. Visual communications design suffuses modern life: signage, books, interactive screens, websites, blackboards, newspapers, television and more.
11. Philosophy of Art
12. Social Practice
Social practices embeds art practice into the social fabric of everyday life; autonomous from traditional studio and gallery spaces.
- August 17, 2006 - School founded!
Note to new instructors
- Divisions and Departments of the School exist on pages in "topic" namespace. When you want to create a new division or department, start the name of departments with the "Topic:" prefix; departments reside in the Topic: namespace. Departments and divisions link to learning materials and learning projects. Divisions can link subdivisions or to departments. For more information on schools, divisions and departments look at the Naming Conventions.
- The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this school, you can list your name here (this can help small schools grow and the participants communicate better; for large schools it is not needed).
- User:Dchmelik (Art And Design: esp. Visual Art) latest at 26 November 2017.
- Since 20 April 2013 with Art. --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 23:00, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Get to work writing lessons! Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing! Remember, Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. We learn by doing.
This feature of Wikiversity will be implemented later pending further discussion.
Know any good resources for scholars of this topic? Add them here!
- Green Design (University of Manchester)
- Core-77 Industrial Design Community Resource
- Industrial Designer's Society of America