Craft arts are those artistic endeavours that are primarily concerned with 'craft-based' expression. Sometimes known as the 'manual' or 'practical' arts, craft arts deal with bringing beauty to the everyday. The Division of Craft Arts is part of the School of Fine Arts at Wikiversity.
Departments in the Division of Craft Arts
- Balloon Art
- Bending and twisting long skinny balloons into recognizable shapes.
- Book Arts
- Ceramics includes any object, functional, decorative or expressive, that is made from a clay body and then fired.
- Many different types of metal work, such as blacksmithing and chainmaille.
- Stained Glass
- The various types of paper crafts, including origami, kirigami, and folded models.
- Building decorative or functional objects out of wood, such as wood dolls or chairs