Portal:Social entrepreneurship/Curriculum/General/Developing a Social Entrepreneurial Idea/Resources
Developing a Social Entrepreneurial Idea
from concept to social impact
Ideally, structure the resources to match and thereby support the Activities, but include some designed to spark new ideas (perhaps by topic).
Background Reading and Links[edit | edit source]
- Share Ideas (mostly using mobile communications).
- Appropedia - many ideas for improving quality of life ...
- Entrepreneurship in Africa - a discussion from entrepreneurship to social entrepreneurship in Africa.
Processes[edit | edit source]
Development Themes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Water[edit | edit source]
Food and Agriculture[edit | edit source]
Technology for Development[edit | edit source]
Check out the work being done in the following and think about how some of the technologies may be used for social upliftment. Most of the software produced is FLOSS.
- Information and communication technologies for development
- Meraka Institute
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
Campaigns[edit | edit source]
The entire idea might be a campaign (e.g.) concerning one of the issues above, or a campaign might be part of a wider initiative. Social software mentioned under Resources in module Putting it all Together might be useful (e.g. CRM software).