Use this page to share any ideas for projects which students of social entrepreneurship might like to adapt for their community-based projects.
Ideas may be entirely new which come to mind, or old ideas which have been tried before and may be adapted for a new context, perhaps drawing on a broader existing community.
Social Impact[edit | edit source]
- The Foundation for a Better Life - sharing the values that make a difference in our communities.
- Franchising Ideas.
Education[edit | edit source]
- Open Content for Development
- Educating for harmony and strength in diversity
- Health Education
- Environmental Education
- Teachers Without Borders
Local Community Impact[edit | edit source]
Ideas to bring communities together and encourage friendships and activities towards community upliftment.
Community Centre[edit | edit source]
Depending on scale, this could consist of multiple projects, some on-going (e.g. maintenance and on-going community development activities)
- Renovate/build a hall (or barn, etc) and develop a vision for community benefit
- Community centre
- Learning centre
- How to Plan A Renovation project ....
Sport[edit | edit source]
Think about venues, equipment, event organisation and management, ....
- Table tennis
Examples[edit | edit source]
- Sadili Oval (Kenya)
- Check out the work of various sports foundations
Links etc.[edit | edit source]
- Beyond Sport
- The Philippi Angels Township Baseball Academy
Economic[edit | edit source]
Ideas to inspire entrepreneurship and job creation.
Bottle Craft[edit | edit source]
Technology Inspired[edit | edit source]
Local ICT[edit | edit source]
- ICT Literacy
- Wireless Africa - SA
- FLOSS Business
- FLOSS Source Camps - how to organise one. Principles may apply to organising other events which seek to build community across existing groups.
- Digital Doorway.
Mobile Phones[edit | edit source]
- Freedom Phone - Zimbabwe
- Open Phone - SA, Botswana pilot, etc.
- Mobile phones and development
Games[edit | edit source]
Being Heard[edit | edit source]
- Video Volunteers
Appropriate Technologies[edit | edit source]
Environment/Agriculture[edit | edit source]
For a social entrepreneurial idea to be sustainable, always consider environmental and social aspects (as well as social). Similarly, sometimes an environmentally focussed initiative may have social implications. The following suggest sources of ideas inspired by environmental challenges and opportunities.
Networks and external sources of ideas[edit | edit source]
- (e.g.) Fixers - "young people using their past to fix the future".
- Impact Hubs - global network with resources and collaboration opportunities to grow impact.
- The World Challenge
- Education that pays for itself - a short animation from Teach a man to Fish
- We can solve it - check this out and think about local equivalents.