Low-Cost Precision Farming
Low-Cost Precision Farming applies the concept of Low-Cost Technology to farming and agriculture.
Components of Low-Cost Precision Agriculture
- Understand the general principles of the application of Low-Cost technology and Low-Cost approaches in general
- connect the Low-Cost principles to the impact side of the Risk definition. Low-Cost, more people can used, higher impact on risk mitigation. Compare that benefit with the downside of the approach, that the low-cost approach might not have such a high impact on risk mitigation.
- explore the optical options of input for creating the mapsof low cost precision farming!
- explore the methods of processing the images to create a Spatial Decision Support Layer from the image. Start with the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index NDVI with NDVI-Tutorial.
- Learn about Precision Agriculture in general with high technical equiment
- (Long-term Health and short-term Economic Benefit) Explore options to combine low-cost technology with (Mobile Devives and Open Source) with economic benefits for farm workers manual that
- reduce the needed amount of agrochemicalslabor,
- create a short-term economic benefit by reduced quantity of agrochemicals,
- create less exposure to flora and fauna to agrochemicals
- establish long-term health benefit by establishment of risk mitigation strategies for the farm workers.
- Compare the main purpose of risk mitigation for humans and environment as a long-term benefit with the short-term economic driver for change. Which driver will have a better impact on risk mitigation for farm workers and how can you measure the impact in a comparative study.
- Explore errors in scientific reasoning according to multifactorial diseases.
- (Low-Cost Technology) Explore the Solar water desinfection approach and identify the general principles of Low-Cost technology to transfer that concept to Precision Farming. Assume a group a farmers share one mobile device and internet connectivity can be assured in some very few places and if and only if the travel 3h. Furthermore assume there is a data exchange in place between groups of farmers that share capacity building resources and open data via Bluetooth. Learn about general principles of Precision Agriculture and transfer that
- Wikipedia:Precision agriculture
- SOlar water DISinfection (SODIS) as a low-cost approach for risk mitigation
- Calculate a Regional NDVI
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- "Precision Farming : Image of the Day". earthobservatory.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2009-10-12.