Jump to navigation Jump to search
This learning resource is about Space Technology. First you start with the basic areas:
- Earth Observation and Remote Sensing,
- Global Satellite Navigation,
- Human Spaceflight
Space for Global Health[edit | edit source]
- Space Medicine on Human Space Flights triggering innovation on medical treatment and analysis. Try to identify scientific evidence in peer-reviewed journals, that show contributions from space medicine to innovation of medical treatment on earth. What are the challenges, constraints, drawbacks and benefits?
- 3D Printing of human tissue: Consider the application scenario of 3D Printing of human tissue on the International Space Station (e.g. when larger area of the skin must be covered by human tissue) and compare that with a support of patients in remote areas, where medical services are not available. Consider also the required time to produce
- 3D printing for pharmaceuticals: Identify the rationals for 3D printing of pharmaceuticals in comparison to classical production of pharmaceutical. Can serve 3D printing a service of tailored pharmaceuticals for each patient. What are the challenges for an evidence based design of such an approach? Why is this related to space technology and can these technologies be developed without space technology?
Learning Task[edit | edit source]
- (Sustainable Development Goals) How can Earth Observation be used to measure implementation and accomplishments of objectives for specific sustainable development goals.
- (Space Debris) Objects like satellites have a specific lifetime like any other technical product used on earth. Explain consequences of leaving all the waste in earth orbit for future misions e.g. telecom satellites or earth observation satellites?
- (Telecommunication) Explore how satellite communication currently necessary used for telecommunication (internet and phone). Compare PROs and CONs of satellite technology that exists and is also used to telecommunication and internet.
- (Global Satellite Navigation) GPS-sensor is available on nearly every smartphone. Knowing who customers are, where they are and what they need allows tailored advertisments and tailored information for the geolocation the users are. Explain the role of routing
- in the commercial context (see Commercial Data Harvesting),
- in emergency context - warning and spatial decision support.
- (Human Space Flight) Explore the history of Human Space Flight. What is the motivation of mankind to do human space flight? How can human space flights bring new technology back to earth - what technology was introduced in our daily live what was originally developed for Space Technology? Analyse PROs and CONs for human space flight after analysis of existing analysis of exisiting economic, political and humanitarian benifits, challenges and constraints!